Saturday, January 31, 2004

Losing more than weight.... PT 1

Today was weigh in day and I've lost 1lb and 10ozs.  That's pretty cool, really close to that 2lb weekly goal.  It also comes at the time of the month my body rebels and retains EVERYTHING, so that I lost anything is good news.  I've also lost 3inches.  Yeah, pilates!

 I've decided to have a salad week to get everything working like it should be, digestively speaking.  Which is going to be a good thing because I've totally ditched program today.  I'm fending off a cold, I'm achy and tired, so no exercise today.  I'm going to give my body a day of rest so it can do its work keeping another winter cold at bay.  Darn temp changes.  One day it's sunny, the next day it's arctic.  It's playing hell with my immune system.

I'm also eating poorly today.  I'm in a bad mood and I have no excuses.  If anything, I blame PMS.  Well, it's just been a bad week.  Big family fight+PMS+stress to finish the move by today (and it's still not done because...)+all my plans keep getting mangled by life's lil surprises (aka AMBUSHES) = me in a not very pretty mood.

One of the reasons for my sour mood is really stupid.  I used to belong to a fan message board where I was hanging out, making friends (so I thought) and doing what I could to promote the object of the fan board.  Unfortunately the tides turned when most of the other fans began to ignore me because I stated an opinion they didn't agree with.  It started out as a simple group shunning, then today one made a joke at my expense.  When I stood up for myself, *I* was the one treated like an idiot.  Needless to say it was the last straw.

Bashers I can handle.  Disrespect because I don't act, talk, think, feel the same way as the "cool kids" I just don't feel the need to tolerate.  I didn't do it in high school, I'm certainly not going to do it now.  And I'm not going to blow sunshine up people's butts just because they happen to be good friends with said object of the board.  I questioned her on something and Lord God Almighty, you would have thought I was nailing the poor gal to the cross.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stopping in to see your progress ... you are doing so good, don't be hard on yourself. You are an inspiration to me!
Smilin Mon

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to add that I love reading your journal and think you're great. I am beginning to think that one of the top reasons for depression these days are those darn "friendship-building" egroups. They'll turn on you like a dime and you're ready to pay their grandmother's hospital bills. I've sworn off them all.
Brisa

Anonymous said...

This is the first time im reading your journal ,your writing is superb,i hope you find a ,ill be looking for it.keep up the good work ,hang in there ,persistence pays

Anonymous said...

HI! I"m Sharon, and a lot like you, only older LOL I"m a published author, public speaker, Reiki Master and a lot of other "labels" Oh and I"m 43, 3 kids, one love slave, 2 puppies and a lot of others spirits I invite in from time to time to play with.

Email me some time if you like. (queensef@aol.com)

Anonymous said...

it wouldn't let me add the whole comment, so here is more... I know what you mean about saying something against the norm. Everyone is so oooooo PC, I puke. Lack of responsibility for our own emotions and feelings is making us all into a bunch of whining babies who others have to walk on eggshells around
Sharon