Saturday, January 31, 2004

Losing more than weight...PT 2

I just decided I don't need that kind of toxic influence in my life.  I've been using that board as an outlet when I need to get my butt in gear and write something meaningful.  Someone had a quote from Plato on their journal yesterday that said, "Wise men talk because they have something to say.  Fools talk because they have to say something."  And I just kinda finally realized by those terms I've been a fool.

This journal is important, my screenplays are important (at least to me) - writing with purpose is important.  And I've lost site of that recently.  But never fear, I've found my way back to Priority Number 1.  Instead of farting around on the internet I'm going to pour my creative energy back into my real writing.  I'm never going to reach my own professional goals wasting my time and energy trying to promote someone ELSE. 

And if you'll see the post prior to this "The Power of Words" you'll understand that what I want to accomplish with my writing is far, far greater than some guy getting CD sales.   Yeah I want him to succeed - I want everyone who has a dream to succeed, but it's coming at what cost?  How much am *I* willing to give away when my own dreams lay dormant?

So I have clicked out of that message board and deleted the links.  Life is too short to be annoyed.  I don't require the world love me (although I don't understand why they don't! LOL) What I do require is respect, even if you don't like me or agree with me.  Sadly for the object of that board, now I want nothing to do with him either because the fan I had the run in with "knows" him personally.  If those are the kinds of people he chooses to align himself with, he's not the person I thought he was.  And I think that's the part that hurts the most.

Life is just full of it's little disappointments today!  It's time to take some Nyquil and go back to bed.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi!
Gee is the red headed Irish coming out or what? Being of Irish decent also, it tickles me to see you do the war dance! Hehehe, I can just visualize it! Kinda like the Steve Perry twirl on steroids!
Speaking of ... it wasn't Lora that you were referring to was it?

Anonymous said...

I think you did the right thing by not dealing with those people anymore. Their loss. Hope you have a better day tomorrow! Congrats on the weight loss...thats great!! Karie*

Anonymous said...

hello I was reading what you have written - I have gained a whole person since the summer I have been diagnosed with lupus and all I do is eat - plus the pills and steroids - I just bought bigger clothing today - I had been on ww and was down to size- 12-14 I have saved all those clothes for the next tim e- I know I will do it and thank you for being honest and putting yourself out here for us - please dont drink nyquil ist awfall- read and drink hot milk. good nite - giselle ruiz