Tuesday, January 20, 2004

New Photos...

Today was picture day.  And a frustrating day it has been.  Despite my efforts, the weight loss is only a 4lb loss since December 20, which has depressed me much of the day.  As for inches, I have lost about 2".  So the difference isn't all that notable.

I don't know what to do.  I'm seriously contemplating Dr. Phil's rapid loss plan just to jump start the weight loss and motivate me to continue.  I wrote a big long diary entry on my website because 2500 just couldn't cover what it is I'm feeling right now.

I did do the Pilates today, and this time I tackled a lot of the advanced versions of the exercises.  I really felt the burn on some, and some I really found a lot easier than I had anticipated.  As for the bridge I just tossed the ball aside and did without the ball, that way I could still do the exercises even if I can't use the ball all the way through yet.

No walk today so my steps are WAY down at only 2655.  But on Thursday (my next non park walking day) I plan to walk around the block or something to make up for the steps I'm not getting since I now work from home.

Don't worry.  I'm not giving up.  I'm just a little down. 

Tomorrow's a new day.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there! And may I say something without being considered nosey or invasive? "Don't push yourself too hard. It took a lot of time to put the weight on. It should take a while to take it off." Heck, I think I'll just slap my picture on my journal in a few minutes. You're not alone!

Anonymous said...

Hang in there!!! A 4 lb. loss is better than a 4 lb. gain. Also, if you're exercising, the fat in your body will turn to muscle and muscle usually weighs more, so don't be alarmed. Muscle burns more calories. Keep exercising...

Anonymous said...

Hi Gin!
I can tell a difference in your face on the first photo, I can tell a difference in your hips on the other full length photo. Muscle does weigh more than fat so you may not see that much change in your scales. I think you are doing fine. Keep going till you see if Dr. Phil's challenge will work. :)

Anonymous said...

**Your doing all the right things so you just need to stick with it. Good idea to keep pictures. Becky

Anonymous said...

You lost weight Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!
I'm not even brave enough to take pictures yet, but I'm thinking about It.
---Mary