Saturday, January 3, 2004

I'm Feeling MUCH Better Now

Steven ended up coming home early anyway so we did go for our walk.  We also knocked the shopping out of the way and got some boxes to pack.  The day ended much better than I had anticipated, even though the Cowboys are outta the playoffs.  Boooo.

I did make a really yummy wrap earlier, thought I'd share.  I bought some whole wheat tortillas, some light cream cheese, the garden vegetable variety.  I found some fat free peppered turkey that is absolutely wonderful.  Add all those to some lowfat sharp cheddar cheese, red onion and some avocado, and you have a party in your mouth.  Truly nummy.  I was able to have two and it was a truly rapturous event.

It's not about all the foods you have to deny yourself.  It's about making better food choices so that you can eat whatever you want, but in the right proportions.  When you look at food that way you won't be so tempted to "fall off the wagon". 

My ebay seller also emailed this morning to say he's shipped out my pedometer, which I'm really excited about.  I'm even more eager to get it and try it out with another trek to the mall.  Steven burst my balloon last night saying he didn't think walking to the mall was a mile or longer, in fact, he was clocking it in at maybe a half a mile.  So now it's like a vendetta to find out who's right.  It's probably one of the first times in history the battle of the sexes could be settled with a pedometer.  I'll let you all know how it goes ;)

Exercise: Walked one mile.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

The best way to measure is with the car odometer. The pedpmeters aren't right on the money ... but they make an excellent gauge.
Monica

Anonymous said...

That wrap sounds great; I'm going to have to make one myself. I'm very impressed with your weight loss. Keep up the good work!
Kim

Anonymous said...

I am part of the population who has never heard of a wrap. Can you tell me what it is?

Anonymous said...

A wrap is basically a burrito. You fold it over itself, and, if your tortilla is big enough (mine wasn't) you can even cut them into sections.

Anonymous said...

mmmmm..that wrap sounds yummy, thanks for sharing, i'm gonna try that! Good luck with your pedometer, thats a great idea, and I think its going to help you alot, let us know how you like it!! Keep up the good work, I am so impressed, I can't seem to "stick" with it!!

Anonymous said...

Yum, that wrap sounds delicious!! Definitely going to try that.... Good luck with the pedometer when you get it. Hope you're right, I hate being wrong, lol. And goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo PATS! : P

Anonymous said...

It would be a real bummer to find out that the trip to the mall is a half a mile or less if you really thought it was a mile. I would really be upset. But I hope you win this battle! (The food sounds yummi lol)