Thursday, January 8, 2004

I'm Proud of Me

First of all I have to give a great big shout out to Richard Simmons.  All last month I was doing it all by myself and lost 6 total lbs.  In one week on the Richard Simmons foodmover I've lost 3.5lbs.  Eating more really IS the key.  Whodathunkit?

But that isn't the reason I'm proud.  Today we went to the city Art Walk where I succumbed at a bakery for my favorite lil o cookie in the world - the thumbprint.  I had two and I also got a small lemon bar.  It was all within my daily allotment of calories and I was getting a lot of exercises at the Art Walk.  I think I climbed four sets of stairs.  I must've because my step count for the day is 8591!!  That's 3.41 miles walked with 924 calories burned. 

But that's not why I'm proud.  I also rode my sister's stationary bike for 30 mins, and then my own for 10 mins more.  I *really* didn't want to because my legs were REALLY hurting by the end of the night when I chose to do my bike, but I forced myself. 

But that's not why I'm proud.

I'm proud because when we went out to eat after the artwalk, I deliberately chose the low cal/ low fat options (grilled fish over rice, steamed veggies and a salad no dressing) - and I did it WITHOUT THINKING ABOUT IT!!!  We went to a restaurant called The Cotton Patch, which is down home cooking.  You shoulda seen the massive chicken fried chicken smothered in gravy that Steven ordered.  I didn't even want it!  I can eat wherever I want to eat now, I am liberated from the thought I have to "treat" myself.  This is HUGE.

I went off my program by two starches today (I miscalculated or else I'd have ordered double veggies and left out the rice and avoided the bread basket), but other than that I stayed within my program and it was all by habit. 

I am SO STOKED!!!

Today was a GREAT day!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go! You are going to win this battle. (I'll join you Jan. 26th)

Hans

Anonymous said...

Wooo Hoooo, GREAT job!! I'm very proud of you, keep up the awesome job.
Monica

Anonymous said...

What's good is that even though you managed to have some treats, you didn't overdo it. Great job.

Anonymous said...

I am proud of you to...you are fabulous!!! Thank you for all your support. Karie

Anonymous said...

Thanks everyone! I appreciate your support so much! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you! Keep up the good work!