Wednesday, January 28, 2004

TV Corner

Okay, I'll admit it.  Many of my screenwriter friends find it silly, but I love the Bachelor/Bachelorette.  I'll miss the last season of Friends, but I will move heaven and earth to find out who Meredith is going to choose.  I have been watching since Aaron, and still hang in there despite when the outcome isn't what I agree with (Aaron choosing Helene, Bob choosing Estella).  As an eternally hopeless romantic, I long to see the love story unfold even if I don't truly believe it's all together possible.

We started the night with ten guys, three of which I was rooting for -  Lanny, Todd and Ian.  Lanny for the hot Texan thing, Todd for the humor and Ian just because he seems very sweet.  Rick was also among the ten, which I didn't agree with.  I got the feeling he was all about winning, and when Sean got onto him for making a comment about it being "a game", I wasn't surprised.

Ryan M... Oh my.  Well, he's a cutey, and I'm sure he's a nice guy.  But the guy talks NON STOP.  Like Todd said, "What I can say in three words, it takes him like ten."  He felt strongly early on (which I don't fully trust) and he's trying a little *TOO* hard.  And the previews show he's going to face off to Kelly Jo.  If there's one thing we all learned from the last Bachelor, KJ speaks what's on her mind.  

I think I see the spark with Ian.  She mentioned how much he reminds her of herself from her tenure on The Bachelor, and they really seemed to connect on their date.  He looked like he was opening up, and it looked like she responded.

She's still unsure about Lanny, and I can understand.  They come from two totally different worlds.  I don't think he'll make it to the end, but he's a sweetie to spend Wednesdays with until then.  A true southern gentleman, with an accent to boot.  New Bachelor material??  Hummmm....

The remaining 7 are shown above.

I'm not sure what's going on with Chad we're not seeing, but he's gotten a rose each time without any real one on one that we can see.  Is this the editor's way of keeping us from seeing the love story unfold?

 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Im with you....my kids know that I do NOT exist from 8-9 on Wed night....I am not missing a show!! Why is Ryan M. still in there? She even rolled her eyes and made a face when he was talking at one point.

Anonymous said...

THANK-YOU for the comments! I was at the healthclub when it came on the TV and I remembered I FORGOT to set the VCR! UGH. I watch the show ... I HAVE TO! I was hoping for Lanny, Ian and Todd. I could see the action but, I couldn't hear. I will admit I also stayed on the treadmill that was placed in front of the TV for the full hour building a real good sweat! Wish I had heard though.
Mon

Anonymous said...

OH MY!

RYAN M. IS SOOOO ANNOYING. I WISH I HAD HALF HIS ENERGY. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK. IM ALSO TRYING TO LOOSE 80-90 POUNDS.

MCORP