Monday, January 19, 2004

A Low Point...

I need to stop watching Dr. Phil.  That's all there is to it.  Here I am watching these wonderful deserving people have incredible weight loss and instead of inspiring me it's really making me feel frustrated at my own stagnant weight loss. 

I realize that the numbers aren't everything, but they are something - and I'm not seeing a real loss.  It all adds up over time, but there are people who can lose 14lbs over the holiday season and I didn't lose any pounds to speak of.  And I worked hard, all the exercise I did, all the food choices I made - it was all right on target. 

And it's really making me wonder what am I doing all this for?  I know I have to do it to maintain my health, but I'm so frustrated that the weight just isn't coming off.  It doesn't help my routine has been disrupted and my control has been challenged. 

This doesn't help inspire me to do the walk today.  I said I was going to do the big trek to the park on Mondays Wednesdays Fridays and Saturdays, and here it is Monday and I'm looking for excuses not to go.  Steven had to work, and he's my walking buddy.  I twisted my knee while moving.  It's not even 50 degrees outside.  There are a lot of reasons not to go.  I want to believe the reason to go is to lose this weight - but compared to the losses I'm hearing on this show, I wonder if it's even really for that.

What am I doing wrong?  And how can I make it right? 

One thing's for sure, sitting here on my butt and feeling sorry for myself isn't going to help.  So I gotta make this walk.  I'll check in tonight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi Gin!
I noticed that on yesterday's entry you said, " I stocked up on my favorite Lean Cuisines and Smart Ones and Uncle Ben's low fat rice bowls to eat during the day. "
I cannot eat those at all ... the sodium count makes me retain as much as 10 lbs. in fluid! Maybe you are getting too much hidden sodium each day too.

Anonymous said...

**You got to stop watching Mr Poop head Phil. Check out Susan Powter she is alot of fun. BBeckyl/It'sJustLife