Thursday, January 29, 2004

Carls Jr, Krispy Kreme & El Pollo Loco OH MY

As January heads for a close it brings into sharp focus the trip I plan to make to California next month.  It's a necessity trip, but I'm going to use it to reward myself.  I'm nearly at the 50lb mark, and I want to celebrate.

We have tickets to go see the Ellen Degeneres Show, which will be the first ever TV show I get to see taped.  So that's way cool.  And I love El, so any excuse to see her is rockin.  I had hoped we could go to Universal Studios, but it looks like funds will be much tighter than I had anticipated.  We'll have to do the lower priced sites instead.

But of course being in California not only means being by the ocean, seeing the mountains and visiting Steven's half of the family - it means I'm going to be tempted on each and every corner by restaurants I love but don't have easy access to.  To resist the temptation to do it just because I'm there will not be easy.

Nor will it be easy to get in all the activity that I'm currently doing.  It's going to take a conscious effort, and dare I say, plan, to keep me on program.  We can go to Griffith Park, which is a really neat place in Glendale.  I might even try the mountain I used to hike when Dan and I first moved to CA.  We can also probably afford a trek to the zoo, which is always a lot of fun and definitely a lot of walking.  Additionally we should hit the beach since we pretty well landlocked here where we live.  There's also Hollywood itself. 

We also decided to catch some of the movies we can't see here where we live, like Monster, The Cooler, 21 Grams and Lost in Translation.  We'll be staying at Steven's mom's house and she lives about 1.5 miles from the local AMC. 

But whatever I do I have to keep it all in balance.  I don't have to deprive myself, but I don't have to over indulge myself either.  I just have to be diligent to what I'm working so hard to accomplish and I should be okay.

There will be lots of photos to share with you through it all.

Steps: 11,504 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would think there will be plenty of opportunities for walking. We used to spend all our weekends at the beach. My parents loved walking on the beach. When they retired they walked the beach daily. I look forward to the pictures!
Smilin Mon

Anonymous said...

I COMPLETELY RELATE TO THIS ENTRY! My husband and I grew up in S. CA, and moved to CO 4 years ago. Trips home are based around the food we miss (El Pollo Loco, Del Taco, Weinersnitzel). You can still enjoy those foods, just as long as you eat it in moderation. No matter where you live exercise is available, you need to seek out the opportunity.

Hope you have an excellent vacation!

(Down 60 lbs. since moving to CO!)