Tuesday, January 27, 2004

Coming Together a Bit at a Time

No, not me.  This time I'm talking about the house.  I finally got my living room put together and it feels *GREAT*.  The pictures above tell you what I worked on all evening.

This is the fun part of the move.  I still have the not so fun part of going back to the old place - which has been declared a National Disaster by FEMA - and try to get it cleaned by :: cue clock ticking :: Saturday.  I'll be glad when it's over so I can really concentrate on this place.  We're still sleeping on the floor in the bedroom, simply because my Handyman has been busy working two jobs.  He's a trooper. 

I went for the walk today.  I actually finally got enthused about doing it.  I feel good when it's over.  The kind of good that I feel when I make good food choices.  The kind of good that says, "Don't sweat it.  You're in control and things are going to be great."

I even put my Tai Chi tapes and my Richard Simmons workout tapes at the front of my entertainment center storage just so when I get motivated it's right there for me.  The RS tapes intimidate me however.  I am the whitest white girl ever, born without a crucial rhythm gene necessary to follow along with these tapes.  Maybe one day when I'm all alone, with all the drapes pulled, I'll get up the courage to tackle it. 

I'm not holding my breath... but hey, it's there when I decide to do it.  And I have a fabulous new living room in which to do it.  So yeah me! :)

Steps for the day: 11,840.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The place looks great! When's the housewarming? You'll have to take pictures.
(Wouldn't it be great if places magically stayed as clean and orderly as when you first set them up?)

Anonymous said...

Just a few words of encouragement: 'DANCE LIKE NOBODY IS WATCHIN',,,,,,,,,,,,,,Deanna