Wednesday, January 28, 2004

Music Corner

My music topic for the day could have easily fit into the movie corner.  As you all are probably aware, I am a huge Steve Perry fan.  I'm not the only one.  The very beautiful and very talented Charlize Theron took the stage at the Golden Globes to the tune of "Don't Stop Believin" and screamed a thank you to Steve.

The story behind this is that she wrote Steve a letter to use that song in a particular scene for the movie.  Patty Jenkins always had that song in mind for the scene, and since she and Charlize are fans they decided to see if they could put it in. 

He said yes, the other guys in Journey said yes, and Steve got to hang out with Charlize, Patty and the gang as they put together this film.  It was a big deal for Steve, and I read that Patty was going to give him a music consultant credit.  My imdb.com (or internet movie database) has not yet acknowledged this.

Fun little trivia, and it gives me and the other Perryheads who read the journal a reason to look at old (and new!) Steve photos. 

Enjoy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lordy ... THE photos ...
My mouth is just watering. Makes me want to put on my Journey videos and do some Steve Perry crunches! You know, that's where I put my knees up in fromt of the TV & in order to see Steve sing ... gotta raise up a bit & do the crunch!

Anonymous said...

Ginger said ..."The story behind this is that she Charlize) wrote Steve a letter to use that song in a particular scene for the movie." OK Gin, "I" wrote Steve a letter once upon a time ... did "I" get an answer ...Nooooo" Of course, I don't look a thing like Charlize! hehehehe