Wednesday, January 7, 2004

Moving Out, Moving In, Moving Up

Here are the pictures like I promised.  I hate leaving the house every day, I can't wait for the day we're there to stay.  Next weekend is the big moving event, until then I'm going to have to revist George Carlin's routine about "stuff" to deal with my belongings spread out between two places.

I didn't go to the office today to ride my sister's bike, instead I rode on the recumbant bike we have here at the house.  I prefer my sister's bike simply because it's more upright and my bike is more horizontal - which works the muscles in the legs a lot more.  You're not just pedaling, you're pulling your legs back to you too.  Anyway,  I only rode for ten minutes, but I figure ten minutes a day will condition my body so that when my sister and I move in opposite directions I won't miss a step in my workout routine. 

According to my pedometer, even a day off without walking a mile at the park or doing the full 30 mins on the stationary bike didn't affect the count as badly as I suspected.  My count is at 6402 steps, which is 2.54miles and 659 calories burned.  I dig this totally nifty new playtoy. 

Tomorrow is the park for sure.  And hopefully Saturday will be the mall, so we can finally answer that burning question that has drown a line in the sand right down the middle of the Voight household - is Steven right or is Ginger?  Personally my money is on Ginger.  :-p

Tomorrow I'm also going to weigh in.  I had suspended officially doing it every week (but still did it anyway, who's fooling who here?), but after I went back to my Richard Simmons Foodmover I decided to start the year right and do the Challenge on Richard Simmons' 100+ board.  So tomorrow I'll have been on the Foodmover a week, I can't wait to see what it says! 

All in all it was a good day.  A very nice way to spend a day off.  :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved the pictures. "It won't last," really made me laugh. It's so true. I would get so excited when we moved and I first saw my own room, and then everything would go to downhill from there.

Hans

Anonymous said...

Loved the pictures of the clean house that won't last clean .. LOL. I so know what you mean. Congrats on all your good work. Sorry I haven't been by lately ... work had me overwhelmed to be honest.
Monica

Anonymous said...

Hi Ginger' Luv the pics. Especially the Coblt, which is my fav. Now I know what to give you for a housewarmig. Lots of love girl. You look great in the photos. The kids are tall and lean and the hunk looks good too. Keep it up XOOOOOOOOOMOM2