Thursday, January 22, 2004

A Walk to Clear The Mind

First let me say, Happy Birthday Steve Perry.  55 and going strong, and handsome as ever.  I've had a crush on this guy since I was 13 years old.  I can't imagine my teen years without his voice as the soundtrack.  So much love goes out to him.

I was pretty down in the dumps today.  Mom bought me flowers, as did Steven, (see above for pics), and I gave myself the present of staying on program.  I went for my walk to the park even though it's not Friday.  I almost talked myself out of it, but when my steps were totaling 300 by 5pm, I knew I had to get serious.  No more excuses here.  I gotta do the work. 

And so I did.  I notice that each time is getting progressively easier.  My steps now are at  9525, not bad for a day's work.  I also managed to get 7 hours in actually working, so that helps the ol paycheck.  Depression sucks, but like felngdswrd (aka Mary) says in her Hellllp! I'm fat and dieting journal -Do you say, "But my will is weak and wavering!" Train your will, then, till it becomes steady and strong, and you will be surprised to find how soon the act of willing develops the power of willing. --W.J. Dawson

So I'm training my will.  It's not easy but nothing worthwhile ever is. 

I should warn you that you're entering a Cliche Minefield when you approach my journal these days.  I have to repeat these mantras to myself, no matter how trite they sound.  They're things I know but don't quite feel yet, so I just have to keep telling myself all these things. 

So I'm gonna keep tellin myself No Pain, No Gain.  Winners never quit and Quitters never win.  When the going gets tough, the tough get going. 

And best of all I'm going to flip on my CD player and let the Birthday Boy remind me Don't Stop Believin.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Steve Perry....aawwhhhh...the video, "Oh Sherry" just sends me over the top....still.

Anonymous said...

Dear Gin,
I am beginning to wonder if you have food allergies? Nothing stops weight loss like being allergic to some foods and not knowing it. You may have to detox and start anew. I will try to find some websites that will explain what I am trying to say.
Love,
Jeannie (also in loooooove with Steve Perry)!