Monday, January 26, 2004

The Lettuce Shredder

Back in my Burger King days we used to shred lettuce for the sandwiches.  We used a stainless steel lettuce shredder that looked like something you might find in a dungeon.  It stood on four legs and right in the belly of it were about six stainless steel, razor sharp blades.  You would put the head of lettuce on top of these blades, then grab the top portion of the thing and slam that head of lettuce right through those blades. 

It was a great tension breaker. 

I wished I had one today.  I managed not only to goof up once today at work, but when attempting to fix it I goofed again.  It was nothing major mind you, just annoying as I tried to fix it.  It took me 7 hours to do what normally takes me at the most 4. 

Thankfully I've had my Eagles CD on repeat since I started.  I'm hearing songs I've never heard before, and I was a diehard Eagles fan as a kid.  Apparently the one album I never owned (On the Border) is where these songs come from.  James Dean and Ol'55 respectively.  Both really great songs.  It's like finding a fiver in some jeans you haven't worn since last year. 

I didn't go for my walk today, it was cold and windy all day.  I'm not going to beat myself up about it because on Dr. Phil's show he was advising his Booty Camp participants how to change their lifestyle so that they lose weight.  Everything he advised, I'm already doing.  I'm doing cardio (the walks) at least 5 times a week, and the full body workout (on the balance ball) every other day, which meets his 3 times a week goal. 

He did have his nutritionist show one of the participants how to satisfy a sweet tooth without using processed sugar.  She put together some apple, some sugar free yogurt, vanilla and cinnamon - which the lady said tasted just like candy.  Sounds tasty to me!

Speaking of Pilates, I do have a workout to do tonight so I won't stay here long.  My butt is numb from all the hours I've spent sitting here.  I also missed dinner, which isn't good.  I'll go see what I can dig up that won't be too heavy for this late.

Catch ya tomorrow. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I eat yogurt/apple/etc everyday! It is really good, and good for you to...cant beat that! Its also good with blueberries..try it! Sounds like you are still doing good! I liked the picture of you...you are lookin good, girl!! Karie*

Anonymous said...

You've been doing really good ... I was looking at the picture of you in an earlier entry ~ keep up your GREAT job!!

Monica