Friday, January 16, 2004

They say it's your birthday, nananananananana...

Today Timothy turned 14.  God, how did this happen?  He's growing into a man right before my eyes.  It seemed like just yesterday he was just a baby, or a child.  Now he's a teenager

I scored some points even though my birthday gifts weren't as big as I would have liked.  We got him Freddy vs. Jason.  I really really had to think hard about it considering the type of movie it is, but then I remember my teen years and watching movies like that is sort of a rite of passage.  I really had nothing to fear, he spent most of the movie hiding behind his hands and not even watching.  The nudity scenes made him and his other friend giggle - Steven and I both were at a loss how to handle it so we just adopted that "cool" parent mode like it's no big deal.  Again I have to remind myself what I was like at 14 - and I'm just grateful he isn't the wild child that I was.  In that I'm pretty lucky.

But I still don't feel old enough to be the mother of a teenager.  Oy.  But like I said, with the movie and a neat little necklace (I got in lieu of the studded bracelet he wanted - double oy), he seemed really pleased with his day.  And that's all a parent can really hope for I guess.  He's in his bedroom right now with a new friend and they'll probably play their X-Box till way late in the morning.  Meanwhile I'm dragging after only four hours of sleep.

How did that happen?  I remember the marathons my best friend Jeff and I used to have when we were 16, staying up all night Friday till as late as we could stand it on Saturday.  Boy I tell you what, those Looney Tunes were never as funny as they were when I watched them in a state of sleep deprived delirium.  That Road Runner is a hoot!

I didn't exercise today either, and my steps are way down from yesterday.  We had pizza and an ice cream cake for dinner, but it so fit into my meal plan considering I was too busy to eat all day.  Hopefully by tomorrow I can get back to the Pilates even though a walk might very well be out of the picture.  We're currently under a deluge of rain here in my lil spot o'Texas.  It's rained pretty much since yesterday and it looks like it's going to last on into Monday.  I'll figure something out. 

Exercise: 5610 steps.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I didn't realize you live in Texas too. I live in Sugar Land and it rained 2-1/2" here within an hour earlier. Good to have you back. Keep up the good work, and don't feel bad about the pizza and ice cream. Tomorrow is a new day.

Anonymous said...

hey, im Secrets075's friend, Elisa. I just want to inquire if you have a pic of your "son" Timothy... I am 14, also. Thanks, you can email or IM me at : xobxelisa27ox@aol.com.
Bye!