Thursday, February 19, 2004

Time Does Not Heal All Wounds

It's a bad day.  They've all been bad lately but today the shock of the trauma has worn off and the pain begins to set in.  Again I wrote about it on my site:

http://geocities.com/duckebride/021904.html

But it's a depressing read.  I don't blame you if you don't read it.  Suffice it to say I'm going through a self pity phase.  All the things I always believed about myself have been on hold because at least I was loved by someone who didn't need me to change. 

And yet I wonder what I could have done to change.  And of course being overweight all my life the first thing I think about is did this happen because I'm fat?  Am I not pretty enough?  Am I always going to play second fiddle to another woman just because she can fit into a size 6 and I can't?  (not saying that's what that other chick's size is, I don't know - but you can bet that is what I'm thinking) 

The good news is I can't eat through all of this.  The bad news is I feel depressed and lethargic so I don't want to exercise either.  It all seems so useless now... because none of the plans I made seem to matter anymore.  My future is really uncertain.

So there you have it.  The good news is Steven did make an appointment with a therapist for next week.  I suppose that's progress, providing we haven't backslid to oblivion by now. 

When I started this journal I knew I was going to tackle some very sensitive subjects that were going to leave me vulnerable and exposed to the world.  Little did I know this would be involved.  Hopefully some good can come out of all of this.  The one thing I can tell you about my weight loss journey is that I'm still on it today.  And that's how I am determined to take every day from here on out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

(((duck))) I'm so sorry about Steven's betrayal. Can't even imagine the pain you must be feeling. But don't knock yourself about his infidelity happening because of your weight. He probably would have strayed even if you were a size 6? Look at the rich/famous people(actresses/actors) who have EVERYTHING.... and their spouses stray. So, I'm guessing that 'character" has alot more to do with straying than size.