Sunday, February 22, 2004

The Good, the Bad & the Ugly

Today's weigh in was no change from the last one, except for a few more ounces.  I'm currently at 300lbs and 6oz.  But I'm not all that concerned about it, I know it had little to do with how hard I worked this week or what I ate.  Aside from one day off program due to some drinking, I maintained the same level of exercise and I ate fully within my calorie requirements each day.  No, the reason I didn't see the progress is because I was having a "fat day".  Most women know what that is, that's the feeling that you're bloated or "heavier" than normal - and it just so happens the pipes aren't running as ... clear as they normally do.  I chalk it up to the stress of the week. 

Either way it's off to Walmart for some prunes.

Steven and I went out on a "date" tonight, going over to Abuelos.  You know me and Mexican food.  Anyway, I did okay.  I probably went over due to the sauces and cheese, but I didn't overeat, even though the food was in front of me.  And again with desert I had about half and left the rest. 

I didn't have the fierce self doubt I had earlier in the week either.  I dressed nice, fixed my hair, wore makeup and basically held my head high today despite everything.  The trauma of the week, not meeting my weigh in goal, etc, notwithstanding, I feel pretty good today.  Those are no different than the other choices in my life - to eat better and to exercise.  I can choose how I see myself, and I don't have to hate myself just because I don't look "perfect".  Who knows if I ever will? 

The only thing I can be is me, and today that's good enough.  In fact, I'd say it's pretty great.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're doing great! Keep up the good work -- whatever goes happens on the outside, one can truly see through your writing that you are a beautiful person inside and out! God Bless You!
Raine

Anonymous said...

I'm glad your date went well, Ginger. Also, stress has been proven to prevent weight loss. And I would say you had your share of THAT lately. Sigh. So good for YOU!!! And I am gonna adopt your same attitude....The ONLY THING I CAN BE IS ME...and yep...like me or not...perfect or not....I'd say it's pretty darn FRIGGIN' FANTASTIC!!! LOL.....with love, Gretchen :)

Anonymous said...

Ginger you are doing AWESOME! I've been so proud of how you held your head up and kept up with your efforts. It could have been so easy to give up, you didn't! Keep up the great work!
Smilin Mon

Anonymous said...

I really know what you mean about that "fat day"! LOL! I was having a whole bloated week, and worrying about it, but some oatmeal and yougurt fixed me up!
Then today my friend said, "You know how when you see someone everyday you can't tell they are losing weight, well I just looked at you and thought, wow! you really are skinnier!"
Made my day!
Cheers,
Juls

Anonymous said...

You are an inspriration. I weigh 260, and i just started my diet 10 days ago. Nothing drastic at first, I gave up cola and Im just drinking water. I will continue to read your journal to see how your doing. I will also let you know how im doing on mine. Im staying away from going out to dinner, sweets, cola, and i hate hate hate excersize, but once the weather clears up i will start walking. Keep up the great work!

Anonymous said...

50lbs is a tremendous amount of weight to lose...congratulations...