Monday, February 9, 2004

Grammy Sunday, pt 2

 

I was always waiting to do that.  Waiting until I was ready, till my work was ready, till I was "perfect".  This journal has shown me I don't need to be perfect.  I can offer the world something just by being myself. 

In Stephen King's book "On Writing", he recounted how he used to send out his work even when he was in school, and how he'd tack all his rejection letters up on a nail on the wall.  I, on the other hand, would send out something once in a blue moon, get a rejection letter and stick my head back in the sand.  That would explain why I have a ton of stuff written but nothing published.  That's what I get for being a scaredy cat.

But no more.  When the roll calls on my life I want the picture to be smiling because I have found my place, my meaning, what I was put on this earth to do.  If God truly gave me this talent to reach the world, then I want to reach it. 

So like Pink sang, "If God is a DJ, then life is a dance floor.  You get what you're given, it's all how you use it."

On a dietary note, I survived the first day of Blast Off Week.  My head only spun around once, which I think is pretty good.  I may or may not ride the bike tonight.  I may make Sunday my "rest" day just because my work schedule is so crazy.   Maybe just surviving the first day of a strict diet is enough to torture my body with today.  Because I gotta tell you, a hot bath really sounds a lot better right now. 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your attitude. I want to see all your dreams come true!

Anonymous said...

Ginger, if anyone can make dreams into reality ... it's YOU! :)
Smilin Mon

Anonymous said...

I just finished reading, On Writing by Stephen King and was thinking about writing in my journal about it. I found it extremely motivational. I especially love the part where he says that if you write three pages a day -- even if you take Sundays off -- you'll have a novel in about three months.

Anonymous said...

Hi..... Love all you are doing. It inspires me. I keep loosing the sam 5 lbs over and over.. Keep up the good work. xxxooo Lorraine

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you ! I am trying now myself to lose weight and it is so hard for me i have gained 100 pounds in a course of 3 years and i am not working now so I am stay at home mom and i just bought a treadmill and started an arobics class. I only hope to be as successful as you , keep up the good work. you are an inspiration to all of us who are just starting to try. thank you .
Kisha Williams -kwll25@aol.com

Anonymous said...

I THINK EVERY ONE LOOKS SO GOOD NOW I WOOD LOVE TO LOOK SMALLER BUT I KNOW I HAFT TO WORK ON IT WITH A LITTLE HELP I'M AT 268 I WOULD TO BE AT 165 ONE DAY. YOU ALL GAVE ME SOMETHING TO START DOING IF YOU CAN THEN I CAN MAY GOD BE WITH YOU ALL AND KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK. DE