Monday, February 9, 2004

Grammy Sunday, pt 1

Can I just say that the Prince/Beyonce opener was flat out  AMAZING???  I've been a Prince fan since 1999 - the album that is.  I was about 12 when it came out in 1982.  I've always thought he was a very talented individual, and it was a kick to watch him struttin his Purple Badness up on the stage. 

As I watched the Roll Call I got sad.  I tend to, each time the names roll and I realize what great talents we've lost.  This last year was especially sad, on a personal level as well as the many, many people we lost.

But something hit me today, and forgive me for being momentarily morbid, that these are the lucky ones.  These are the people who managed to see their dreams to fruition before the roll was called.  They did what they loved and lived their dream.  It is something to celebrate, even if they are no longer with us.  Their mark on the world remains.

I only hope that I can earn my place and make my mark the way I want to someday.  More than anything I'd like my life to mean something on a grand scale.  My dreams and goals are kinda lofty, so I'm going to have to make a big splash to ensure I leave behind the legacy I want to.

And this has served to get me out of the cocoon of weight I was spinning around myself.  I realized that life was too short to waste any more time.  It was time to get moving, and make things happen.  This week I plan to take a step in that direction.  I'm going to send the editors of O Magazine a query to see if they'd be interested in featuring my little vignettes in their magazine.  They may, they may not - but I'm never going to know unless I send it out there.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

good luck with O magazine : )

Anonymous said...

This really isn't about your specific topic today. I happened upon your journal a few days ago when crusin thru the aol sites. I came back to read again and again, partly I felt guilty like I was peaking in on your life.

I guess I wanted to say thanks for posting your journal, and putting yourself out there. Your journal has inspired me to keep one of my own, so I just wanted to say thank you.

Thanks,
kay

Anonymous said...

EVERY ONE LOOK SO GOOD AM GOING TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT GETTING OFF THIS 265 TODAY AM GLAD ABOUT THIS AM FASTING FROME 7AM TO2PM AND AM ONLEY EATING 2 TIMES A DAY AND LOTS OF WATER UNTILL JUNE 26 2004 I HAVE DONE THIS BEFORE AND LOST 85 POUNDS SO AM AT IT AGAIN MAY GOD BE WITH YOU ALL AND THANK YOU FOR GETTING ME AT IT AGAIN