Saturday, February 28, 2004

Saturday Weigh In

I'm psyched.  I weighed in today at 298lbs and 4oz, down from 300lbs and 6oz a week ago.   I'm certain that the high sodium/low water intake was my culprit.

I lost no inches, here is where I pay the price for my Pilates Procrastination.  So this week without fail I will get back on my Balance Ball and get toning. 

I am going to up my caloric intake to 2500 and I'm going to balance out my exercise.  If I bike I won't walk, if I walk I won't bike.  I was working so hard that I burned out, and it turned out the exercise wasn't my problem after all.  So I'll spend a week doing that PLUS keeping an eye on the sodium and making sure I drink all my water, and we'll see how much that helps.  It will be an interesting experiment.

Tonight was my mother's birthday so I took her to a local Mexican restaurant.  I was good, instead of getting anything with tortillas I opted for the grilled shrimp & veggies.  It came with a side of rice and a salad.  I split a sundae with my son.  It's going to be interesting trying to figure out my nutrients for the day - but I'll see what I can do.

Fitday.com is the main reason I don't want to eat out.  I want to follow my labels to the letter.  (I'm a purist that way)  Fast food is one of the few places I can get this information, and it's generally a no no because of the high sodium content.  But even though I could have chalked this up to a free day, I was good anyway. 

And you know what?  I like living life that way.  I like eating something I can enjoy without all the guilt.  Did I want the chicken enchiladas smothered in a sour cream sauce?  Yes.  Can I live without it?  Most definitely.  I especially like being able to leave food on the plate and walk away from the table without feeling stuffed to the gills. 

You really can have it all!  :)

Exercise - none

Calories/Fat/Sodium - 2495 calories/35% Fat (oopsie), Sodium 3526 (double oops)

Water: 50oz.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your inspiration! I have complained long enough about needing to lose 40 pounds. I thought that by eating once or twice a day, and just a few bites,would be sufficient, however, Im learning that is not the case...I need to work out and work it off! I joined curves 2 months ago, but have not gone yet..and, its really not the money I want to burn, but this weight!! Keep up the good work and thanks for the motivation!
Karen
kisssmekrazy@aol.com

Anonymous said...

I wish you all the luck on your diet, I want too but can not find the will power. Iam 5 feet 1 215 60 years old female . Iwould like to be 140 but ...........

Anonymous said...

Woooo Hoooo!! Great going!!

Julie

Anonymous said...

You are doing awesome !!!! Keep up the good work and you are looking great. I love the short haircut too.

Debra

Anonymous said...

Ginger: CONGRATULATIONS: A TREMENDOUS MILESTONE!!! Under 300!!!!
Just remember, you can make it under 300 forever; only you. Life is full of "free" choices but they all tally up.

A great gem of a resource about the water is Dr. Batmanghelidj's book, entitled: Your Body's Many Cries for Water. A worthwhile read with an odd twist: he discovered it all when he was in jail (falsely jailed); he had nothing else to treat fellow prisoners with. :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi Ginger. I'm so happy you broke the barrier!!! Tell your Mom Hi for me. Keeping you in my prayers, always. LOVE Mom 2

Anonymous said...

Hi Duckebride. I am Ladyscrapper, 60 yrs old and 268 lbs. I need to lose weight deparately and that why i have been reading your journal which I love and find a inpiration. Keep up0 the good work!!