Tuesday, February 3, 2004

Introducing Miss February!

I woke this morning to a mailbox full of actual emails rather than spam.  It was wicked cool.  Apparently my journal is currently featured for AOL Diet & Fitness: AOL Takes It Off - February 2004 which means for the entire month of February my smiling face will greet you when you visit that page.  Cool, huh??  I'm really blown away.

One of the things I was most asked was what I was doing that helped me lose 45lbs in four months.  The biggest aid to my new weight loss Journey isn't a diet, it isn't my exercise, it's this journal.  It's the only thing I've done differently and it really is my lifeline sometimes.  When I stumble or fall I can come here, be honest about what I did or didn't do and find out it isn't the end of the world.  I can still call myself strong or successful just by realizing how okay it is to be human. 

I don't have to beat myself up.  All of the comments I've received since starting this journal have been positive and supportive.  People really do care.  It just took reaching out.

So my biggest advice to anyone starting this Journey is to find a way to reach out.  Be it a journal, public or private, or a diet buddy.  Find someone you can be accountable to, and then endeavor to be as honest as you can during your Journey, even if you stumble occasionally. 

Because if you find the right person, or people, you're going to find them a lot more accepting of your little ups and downs than you could ever be for yourself... and it will teach you the most important thing to learn in the process.

Steps: 13,892

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

SHMILY

Anonymous said...

Congrats!! You have so many people looking up to you, you are an inspiration!!!Karie*

Anonymous said...

Good for your girl!!! And thanks for havin' me listed under other journals.....I got ALOT of hits yesterday.....I was wonderin' what was up.....but thanks to you!!!
.................Deanna

Anonymous said...

Thats how I found your journal! It made me want to start my own! But I have no willpower. I always plan on starting but I guess I let food rule me! Pathetic I know. I am 26 and 5'3" and 240 pounds. My sister in law is getting weight loss surgery and even though a surgery like that SCARES me! I have actually considered it! I feel so guilty because I know if I just put my mind to it I could lose on my own!

SuperSAHMof3@aol.com

Anonymous said...

I wish I had the same additude as you. I have tried to have a changing my way of eating buddy, but they always have some excuse and change thier minds and I am left alone again. See my husband is wonderful but he has no weight problem and he is very busy, so that leaves him out. What do you think I should do? I am a stay at home mom dying to be in shape. I watch Dr.Phil everyday, and I want to start his new booty camp, but I just never do. Any Ideas!! weluvnemo.

Anonymous said...

I DID'NT SEE WHERE YOUR POEMS ARE. I AM ALSO A POET AND A PHOTOGRAPHER WHO HAS BEEN ON A JOURNEY TO LOSE WEIGHT. THE
PROBLEM IS WHEN I DO , MY BODY CRAVES NO NOS UNTIL I GAIN SOME
BACK. I AM SERIOUSLY CONCIDERING INTESTINAL BYPASS. BUT, I DON'T
HAVE A DOCTOR THAT WILL OKAY IT . YOU HAVE TO BE OVER 100 POUNDS
OVERWEIGHT. I'M ABOUT 80.
YOU ARE A DELIGHT TO READ. GOOD LUCK!!

Anonymous said...

Just wanted you to know, I'm very proud of the woman you've become during your journey. I too struggle everyday with weight and know where you come from, I'm currently dieting again to loss about 40 lbs for now so wish me luck, but most of all say a prayer for me, with God's help we can over come all things.

Anonymous said...

I read your journal and was impressed, and jealous. I am at the weight of ,no return I think. I need to lose weight badly, yet have no one to encourage or discuss the problem with. I am going to try the journal and pray for the best. Congrats on your sucess..Sincerely, Kathy

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your success! I am constantly watching my weight. I would say half of my family members suffer from being overweight. I know that I have the tendancy to be overweight with my genes. However, I am really good about buying staples at the grocery store and cooking everynight. I do not buy junk. Since everything is fresh that I cook with I end up with a better meal balanced out in carbs, protein and vitamins. Good Luck with future adventures!!!!
-juliannawhy72

Anonymous said...

u'r doing great, gal. Remember what u felt like b4 u started & remember to recall how it feels to work so hard at it. When ur "evil twin" gets carried away & says, "Go on, eat it!" the "good twin" can laugh out loud & say, "Yeah, right! Been there, done that!--NO, thanks!" Then go check urself out in the mirror & b proud of ur accomplishments! Glow all u want!!!! It feels pretty darn good to look--and feel--great!!! Keep up the good work--for YOU!! --U GO, GAL!!!!!!!!
Pamela

Anonymous said...

Hi, I have just read your journal for the first time. I have to say I am encouraged to find the inner me. I am 34 and weigh 220.I enjoyed reading about your journey and I will continue to read your ups and downs as I start my own. Thank you for the insights.
Carolyn... funnyface2297@aol.com

Anonymous said...

I have really enjoyed reading your journal. But I too wonder how did you lose the weight? Was it a combination of diet, bike riding and journaling? I have been journaling for years, and the weight just keeps on coming!

Anonymous said...

I have really enjoyed reading your journal. But I too wonder how did you lose the weight? Was it a combination of diet, bike riding and journaling? I have been journaling for years, and the weight just keeps on coming!