Friday, February 6, 2004

Being a Responsible Adult Sucks

The trip to LA is off.  We got whacked with a couple of financial surprises, one being a huge bill and the other being a delay in money to pay said bill.  So there was no feasible way we could take this trip.  Sadness.

The kids are bummed out.  So am I.  Like I had said, this trip was going to be a kind of celebratory trip to reward me after losing (nearly) 50lbs.  My Mom2 was going to treat me to a makeover.  We were going to go see the Ellen Degeneres Show.  It was going to be a nice little getaway. 

But alas, it's not in the cards.  But I'm not completely forsaken.  I'm looking for a weekend getaway in March, during the kids' spring break from school.   Money providing anyway.  We'll have to see how it goes.

Right now I'm contemplating 3 locations.  Timothy wants San Antonio.  He's studying the Alamo and wants to see that.  Steven is pining for Dallas, to go to Six Flags Over Texas - plus it's only a couple hours away, and he'd be driving.  Personally, I yearn for the waterfront.  I'd love to get away to Houston/Galveston.  Jeremiah only wants California, bless his heart. 

So it just comes down to where we can stay and do a lot without spending very much.  So sadly for Steven, Six Flags may be out.  Those tickets are a little pricey.  Plus, I'm kinda nervous still about amusement parks.  I have a fear of being too big for the rides and so therefore I don't want to ride any rather than face the embarrassment of being told to get off.  It's happened only once, but that was enough. 

Zoos, aquariums, malls, and museums, those are more my style.  But I'm saving my amusement park thrills for Orlando. 

Only 105lbs to go. 

Steps: 3388, 60 mins on the bike total (I'll be so happy when the weather warms up)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gosh, sorry about your trip falling apart. I know how excited you were.

Anonymous said...

Hey Girl don't give up on your dream what helped a girlfriend of mine was to but a picture of herself on her door to her bedroom over the mirror evertime she looked at it the more incouragment she got. Also I have learned that it's just as hard to loose 30 lbs as well as 100 lbs.Good luck with your goal.

Anonymous said...

I AM SO PROUD OF YOU! YOU CAN DO IT! I HAVE JUST RECENTLY LOST 70lbs. ONLY 35 MORE TO GO. ITS A TOUGH BATTLE BUT, THE HEALTH BENEFITS ARE SO WORTH IT! KEEP ON TRUCKING AND DON"T GET DISCOURAGED IF YOU HAVE A SLIP UP. JUST GET BACK ON TRACK FAST. THE REAL KEY I FOUND IS THE MENTAL ATTITUDE. KEEP POSITIVE AND IT WILL WORK OUT. WHEN YOU GO TO ORLANDO, DO ISLANDS OF ADVENTURE. THE RIDES ARE THE BEST! KEEP THE FAITH!

Anonymous said...

Being a responsible adult does suck. Can you just put the trip off for a little while?
I don't know. I don't know your circumstances. I have enjoyed reading your journal though. I have 40 pounds to lose. Every other day I say o.k. today is the day. I said that this morning. Today, I will begin my journey. Somehow though something gets in the way and I go for the snickers and brownie here lately. Any advice for how to stick with it?

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! My start weight 305 down to 250 with my goal 150. I'm 57 just wish I had started earlier like you did. I live in New Braunfels,Tex. outside San Antonio. A good location for histroical sites that are free but spread out. New Braunfels is also a good spot. Only 20 miles from S.A. a beautiful river,small town with a lot of atrractions. A German theme town.
rita

Anonymous said...

Congrats! On the weight loss so far. I am 235 ( 5 lost so far) shooting for 145. My family enjoyed a vacation at the Oklahoma World Aquarium. They have 200lb+ bull sharks and lemon sharks. The tank is set up as a glass tunnel. Very exciting! We found a "buy one, get one free" coupon in town that helped with the cost. Check the internet for info. Good lcuk!

Anonymous said...

Well, I have just started, but, you and Patti LaBelle, are going to be my inspirations. I have about 100 lbs. to lose. I am very determined to do it right this time. I have been on so many diets, too numerous to mention. Well, wish me luck...Please, if you have the time, I woudl love to keep track of your success. Write back when you get the chance....Anyone that needs to lose weight, can correspond with me...Have a great day, and SMILE.......RNtobe1962

Anonymous said...

Hi,
.....I was reading your journal and admiring every step that you take toward your weight loss goal.
Keep on the good work and be consistent. Stay focused and you'll reach your goal.
Don't pay attention to negative comments (negative paople...anything negative).
You need positive people and positive surouding, positive inputs....
Wish you all the best.
Mira C.