Thursday, February 26, 2004

Pugs, Pedometers, Pilates & Prunes

This is Winston Q. Pooter, my fitness coach.  Oh sure,  he doesn't look like much of a motivator here, but when this boy realized that we had a nice day today, he would not be detered from his walking ritual.  He was very insistant that we make the most of the first pretty day we've had all week.

And I wanted nothing to do with it.  I was perfectly content to stay indoors and put off my walk until tomorrow.  But not Winston.  He channeled Richard Simmons and Pugged me right out the door.  (pug-verb, to annoy incessantly until your will is accomplished) 

So we went.  My pedometer was as lazy as I wanted to be and only recorded 5000 of the 10,000 I normally walk.  To which I reply with a resounding raspberry.  I am not going to be cheated out of those steps... it was hard enough to get out there and do them.  I'm getting credit whether the pedometer agrees or not.  So there.

I really, really need to do the Pilates.  I don't know why I haven't bothered, but I have absolutely zero enthusiasm to do it.   It really doesn't make sense, it only takes a few minutes out of the day and I feel better.  It's part of the abdominal work I've been gearing myself up for.  But for some reason I just can't face it.  I don't even want to put in here a promise to do it because that's how little I want to. 

Good news is, I did great on my sodium today.  It's supposed to be under 2400 and mine was 2423.  So yaaaaay me.  And I  just guzzled down my second bottle of water today.  I'm really curious how all this will affect Saturday's weigh in.  I'll let you know.  One thing is certain, I feel lighter.  No fat days for me.  Everything is running smooooooooooth.  That's where, um... the prunes come in.

And that's just one of those victories all on its own, ya know?

Calories - 1897, 21% from fat

Sodium intake - 2423

Water - 66oz

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

My kiddos whined when the tea & juices stopped coming into the house. It's been 2yrs. now & my fridge holds only fat free milk, 2% milk(for my toddlers) & bottled water for thirst quenching. It gets easier to drink only water. It really does!

Bad week for me...I've gained 5 lbs.!! :( Oh well! Back at it today.

Thinking about you Gin & hope you are doing well.

Julie

Anonymous said...

Hi Ginger: About that exercise, the Pilates. I have been sedentary due to a broken base of the spine...I belive in our instincts.... I too did not feel like doing activity so I kept searching; I heard we have more lymph than blood--and the lymph system relies on physical activity for it to cleanse us. It can be painful if the system has been stagnant. Try hot baths, massage (always toward the heart), and hot water in the am with real lemon juice works wonders.

Anonymous said...

Hi, I just want to say I am proud of you for REALLY trying. I am having such a difficult time getting motivated to EVEN TRY! All I do is come home from work and sit on my big butt and flip channels on the remote until I go to bed. I have a correspondence course I haven't touched in 2 months. Anyway, kudos to you! Take care!

Anonymous said...

Love your fittness coach: what a beauty!