Friday, February 27, 2004

I Can

When you have a lot of weight to lose, sometimes you can get too caught up in the now.  When weight loss stagnates, or you still don't fit into the size you want to, you can get really frustrated and lose sight of how far you've already come.  Sometimes you just can't see the forest for the trees. 

I thought about this today as I was going over achievements vs. disappointments and this old song came to mind:

You've got to accentuate the positive
Eliminate the negative
Latch on to the affirmative
Don't mess with Mister In-Between

And so I'd like to accentuate the positive a little here, but finding some things I can do now I couldn't do just a few months ago - as a celebration of being on the road to success.  

I Can:  Fit into clothes that were tight a few months ago, to the point of it being loose and comfortable.

I Can:  Go into any restaurant I want and order smart, eat healthy and feel good about my choices.

I Can:  Look in the mirror and see a winner, who learns more as each day passes no one can take away any of the good things I give myself.  Not with their words or their actions.

I Can:  Fit into booths in restaurants that I used to avoid.

I Can:  Meet my daily goals even if I cheat and had a sundae at Dairy Queen.

Calories - 1667

Sodium - 1668

Water - 50oz 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your journal.... Its great to see someone actually reaching there goals.. I keep wanting to lose weight but everytime I start I stop before I finnish the first day? I have no idea where my motivation has gone!

http://journals.aol.com/supersahmof3/KarensWeightLossBlog

Anonymous said...

I just logged on and read this today for the first time. I think you look so much better than your original photo. Just the fact that you cut your hair shows that you are starting to care more about yourself and have a better self image. A fifty pound weight loss is such a big deal!!! For those of us who are struggling to lose 10-15 lbs it seems incredible. I think you should be extremely proud of yourself. If you can do this, you can do anything!!!!
Hang in there!
BTM

Anonymous said...

Yay for you! Seeing your *I cans* really motivates me and makes me glad for you! We can all do this together one step at a time!

--Jacqueline