Wednesday, February 11, 2004

It Took 3 Months, But PROGRESS At Last

I started this journal on November 11, 2003 so each month on the 11th I always like to check in with my progress so far.  On Jan. 9 I weighed in at 313lbs and 11oz.  On Feb. 10 I weighed in at 301lbs and 7oz, for a total loss of 12lbs and 4oz!!  My total inches down for the month of January till now - 12 inches from five measuring points.  I'm still not in a size 26 yet due to my waist size, but I'm not going to complain.  I'm VERY excited about the progress.

My exercises consist of Pilates every other day, doing all the advanced exercises  except for the rolling bridge (I can do the regular bridge however, all ten so that's a BIG BIG step for me).  I also try to walk at least 4 times a week to the park and back for a total of 3 miles each trip.  Added to that is 30 mins on a stationary bike, 20 of which where I make sure my heart rate is in it's optimum fat burning range.  I walked 240,930 steps since Jan. 11th, which is approximately 185 miles. 

My eating program is Richard Simmons Foodmover, on the 2000 calorie card.  As soon as I break 300 it will go down to 1800.   I'm enduring Blast Off Week (about 1000 calories) to get there.

My goals for March 11, 2004 - weigh 293 (a loss of eight pounds), and to fit totally into a size 26.

As for writing, I did write my Valentine's Day Short but I need to work on my contest script.  I will be sending the letter to O Magazine tomorrow, however.  So we'll see how that goes.

Since this is Wednesday I must comment on The Bachelorette.  My guy got booted tonight (Lanny) but his mother was formidable.  It would have taken an alpha female to handle that situation, and Meredith decided that wasn't for her.  Sadness.  My pick now is Matthew.  Gotta root for my Texan boys!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! Very good work! I can really see the changes in your face, even from January. You are doing great. :)
Cheryl in WA State

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the weight-loss progress, and good luck on the O project.

Hans

Anonymous said...

Gin!!! Look at the difference in your face! Isn't your progress wonderful! I am so happy for you! I am doing the "Steve Perry twirl" in your honor! You GO girl! You are doing so well -- Yippee for Ginger!!!

Anonymous said...

Awesome, awesome, AWESOME!!! Go Gin! You are lookin' MAHhhvelous. Bye, bye 300. Just think, this time next year.....How exciting!

You are truly a beautiful woman and courageous to boot!

I'm off to read your contest entry. I agree w/others. You are definitly a born writer. Reading your journal continues to inspire me. Thank you.

Julie

Anonymous said...

wow! I can totally see the difference in your face! I am proud of you! Thanks for the tips on my journal (salad) i'm going to try that tonight..have a great day, Ginger..and keep up the good work! Karie*

Anonymous said...

You are looking so good!! Keep up the awesome work, so proud of you.

Bachelorette, when I saw Lanny's mom ~ I KNEW he was out. I would've been out! I really liked Lanny too! Heavy Sigh. Matthew is the best bet at this point.

Smilin Mon

Anonymous said...

I'm so impressed with your dedication to lose the weight. You look absolutely fabulous...keep up the great progress!~Erma

Anonymous said...

Wow! Your pics show your progress...it's just wonderful. It's very motivational to see you set your goals. We should all be so committed in many aspects of our lives! Go Girl!!

Anonymous said...

Good Going Keep up the wonderful work you are doing, slow is wonderful because your body adjusts to the loss and it stays away. Make sure you are doing extra calcium and a good vitiamin. Studies prove that helps alot. Keep going you look WONDERFUL.
Ali