Monday, February 2, 2004

Stubbornness Thy Name is PUG

So I managed to get out and enjoy the sunshine today, and I've come to realize something.  Sir Winston Q. Pooter doesn't seem to know that the walks are for me.  Right as I get in a groove and start really sweating (and granted, it could have been the fever), Winston must stop every 50 or so paces to read what Steven likes to call his Tree Mail.

I've heard it said that the waste of another dog is all Winston needs to get to know everything there is to know about the dog who made the "deposit".  If this is true, then Winston should know the intimate details of the lives of each and every dog within a five mile radius.

And the way he stops and sniffs is manic.  I do believe the dog is obsessive compulsive.  He may be short but he's stout.  And when he wants to stop there's nothing short of a nuclear blast will tear him away from whatever has caught his interest.

Not only that but this is a dog who has less coordination than I do.  He zigs when he should zag, nearly tripping and maiming many an unsuspecting jogger along the way.  And Winston is just as social as his Daddy Steven, because he wants to say to EVERYONE.  Babies or small children weird him out a bit (interestingly enough just like they used to do to his Daddy Steven), but other than that he thinks the world is his oyster and everyone around him should love him for how adorable he is.

Right now he's wrestling around with The Great Furred Wonder - Romeow, who is a little confused - he never received the memo that told him he was supposed to be afraid of dogs.  No, instead, he's chasing after Winston having a grand ol time pouncing him when he's least expecting it.

With animals like these, who needs television??

Steps: 12,897

Exercise: 15 mins on the bike (see above referenced fever) and going to do Pilates now.  If Winston lets me...

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have a knack for writing, keep trying to find a home for your babies. Congratulations on your weight loss success thus far!

Anonymous said...

I have to agree with the other comment. You really have a talent for writing. Maybe you should look into writing for a publisher. And good luck with your babies. Winston needs some prozac! hehee. Keep it up and keep on movin.

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you! keep up the good work, you are such a inspiration to keep me on my weight loss quest!

Anonymous said...

i.m so glad i found this! hope i can follow up with you. i just did 20 mins of warm up stretches [dance and struts] to my washing machine regular colors cycle. it's a good idea each morning since i do throw in the load i will take advantage of that. i also live in texas and i am 40 something nice to meet you, hello. keep up the good work!....................raulstalapia

Anonymous said...

I love your cats name..I laugh every time you put it in your journal!! Karie*

Anonymous said...

I think your journel is great. You have a good way of writing.
Good luck on the weight loss. Sounds like you are doing good.
I hope I can be so lucky.
Lynn

Anonymous said...

Wouldn't let me put the whole comment in, so here is more... know what you mean about saying something against the norm. Everyone is so oooooo PC, I puke. Lack of responsibility for our own emotions and feelings is making us all into a bunch of whining babies who others have to walk on eggshells around

Sharon

Anonymous said...

whoops posted that in wrong thread LOL sorry!!! :)

Anonymous said...

your poems are beautifull.............when you look at me...what is romance....perfectly spoken.:)

Anonymous said...

I completely understand "walking" with the doggy. Do you have " I type with one hand cause the doggy wants his butt rub" problem too? Good luck with the weight loss. I need to lose weight also but I just don't feel like I have the time.

Anonymous said...

I accidently stumbled into your journal and was dumbstruck! How inspiring you are, young lady. It takes courage to be yourself to millions of people and to let your "frailities" be known. You are one grand lady! God bless you and may your new way of life as a "thinny" be happy. Keep up all the good works.

Anonymous said...

I HAVE WORKED OUT MY OWN DIET AND EXERCISE THAT WORKS FOR ME. SMALL PORTIONS OF EVERYTHING AND EVERY EVENING I WORK OUT 45 MINUTES ON MY GAZELLE....THAT KEEPS MY WEIGHT DOWN. I AM 5'5 AND I WEIGHT 137 LBS..I WEAR A SIZE 7/8...I LOOK LOT SLIMMER THEN THAT. BUT I'M NOT SKINNY. SO I THINK EVERY ONE SHOULD WORK OUT A PLAN THAT WORKS FOR THEM. WE'ER ALL DIFFERENT. I HOPE YOU ALL FIND WHAT WORKS FOR YOU. AQUADREAM

Anonymous said...

LOL I have Boston Terriers, but we used to live across the street from pugs. I would sometimes walk them along with my BT and, often, a giant invisible magnet would suck both dogs to the nearest tree, shrub, post, or whatever. And, yes, the pug was particularly manic in her sniffing. Currently I have two BT's and a cat who also fears NOTHING. She's clueless she should be a scaredy-cat. HA Both dogs are completely intimitated.