Tuesday, February 10, 2004

Cold Weather - Bad; Mall - Good

Another cold gloomy windy day meant no walk at the park (Sir Winston is going bonkers from cabin fever himself), but since it was Steven had the day off we decided to get our steps in at the local Walmart Supercenter and the mall.

Walmart can be very inspiring.  They had a big Valentine's Day display with dozens of cookies and candies and goodies, but I trucked right on past heading toward the vitamin supplement aisle.  On the way there I passed the Missus clothes section.  It was a good motivator to forget all about those cookies - there were a lot of clothes there that I'll never fit into if I cave to my inner Cookie Monster. 

The mall had the same effect.  I managed to strut right on past the Pretzel stand and even El Chico (very hard to do considering I passionately love Mexican food), and when I saw the window display of size 0 mannequins in their oh so skimpy bathing suits, I forgot all about the chips and free queso. 

Steven pulled out $0.50 on the first lap around the mall but I told him no, I wouldn't weigh till lap 2.  I kinda didn't want to weigh at all.  I mean I did, but I was afraid of not seeing any progress.  I felt so bloated today, I just knew it wasn't going to change from Saturday - unless it was more of a gain.

Well, I stepped on the scale to find a 4.5 loss!  I know most of it is water, but a loss is a loss is a loss.  That means I'm 1lb and 7oz away from breaking that 300 barrier.  It was a whole lot easier to stay on Blast Off Week after seeing that.  Maybe by Saturday I will be able to leave 300 behind me FOR GOOD. 

It was a good day. 

Oh, and by the way I managed to eke out a Valentine's Day short script for my screenwriting message board contest.  If you want to read it, look here: http://www.geocities.com/gsvscreenplays/STUCK.txt

Exercise: 8603 steps, 30 mins on the bike

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

YEAH for you!!! I can't wait until you get on those scales and you dont have to see 300 sumpin'......how estatic you will be!!!.........Deanna

Anonymous said...

Mexican food is a real love of mine as well. I miss it less and less as the months go by.

I loved your comment on the "size 0" mannequins. LOL I've promised myself a new lingere wardrobe from Victoria's Secret as soon as I lose enough to fit into those sexy things. Hubby can't wait! Lacy, frilly, sexy pushup bra here I come!!

Julie

Anonymous said...

Gosh, I forgot the most important thing!!! Congratulations on the loss. You're doing so great.

Julie

Anonymous said...

Deanna
You are a true inspiration. I too am strugling day by day. It is very hard on me. Everytime I read your journal it inspires me, it can be done. KEEP IT UP. By the way you are wonderful in your trade, you write beautifully.

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work I can wait to see your jounal say you past the 300 point. I'm working on getting past the 250 point, 8 more pounds. We'll reach our goals soon, keep up the good work. a friend

Anonymous said...

Great!! you're getting there!! Karie*

Anonymous said...

I just started reading your journals and find them very inspiring!!!!!! I can't wait until Sat. to see you say goodbye to 300!!! Thank you for putting yourself out there. It takes a strong woman to let it all hang-out!! I'm rooting for you!!

Anonymous said...

I just started reading your journal yesterday and it is very motivational, infact I went out and bought my own pedometer today and next week the treadmill I have been putting on hold for a year now.Congrats on the loss and I cant wait for you to leave 300 behind forever!You are an inspiration

Venus

Anonymous said...

GREAT! That's wonderful. Suddenly you forget how uncomfortable you were don't you. You will say goodbye to 300 forever. We're all going to stand by you and watch you melt away!
:-)