Sunday, December 7, 2003

An Update

The flu keeps holding on but I think I'm getting better.  I'm down to only aches and pains with the usual congestion in the morning, and dry cough during the day. 

I cheated and stepped on the scale yesterday and I have lost two pounds since Tuesday, when I started my 1500 calorie/35 fat gram diet.  I managed to walk four miles this week, missing a couple of days because the weather was cold and I was sick. 

I took my sister for a walk with me yesterday, she's also getting geared up for diet and weight loss.  We are thinking about doing the mile walk in the morning in addition to the mile walks I do in the late afternoon.

All in all I'm feeling really good about the progress.  I can feel my body changing.  And best thing of all was when we had our family portraits done for our Christmas cards, I could really tell a big weight loss from when I got my photo done for my bank card in July.  It looks like at least 20lbs difference. 

So I think I'm going to document the weight loss in photos too.  That might help keep me motivated. 

Thanks to everyone for wishing me well during my bout with the flu.  My best friend informs me he just relapsed this week and got it even worse, and my youngest came to me with a fever just now.

It's gonna be a long flu season. 

I hope you all are keeping far from it!

No comments: