Tuesday, December 30, 2003

The Day Was Good, I Was Bad :(

Bright and early this morning we submitted our application for the house I fell in love with yesterday.  All we had to do was wait a couple of hours to get a yes or no, then we could put the money down and sign the lease.

The two hours kept multiplying all day, and about mid afternoon we found out we were one of two couples trying to get approved for the house.  Our credit isn't so great, so I was really worried we were going to get passed over. 

All day long the stress was killing me.  Some people smoke a cigarette, I was popping See's candies.  I only ate three, but still.  Emotional eating.  Not good.

So we went back over to the house to show my sister as we were waiting for the final okay.  By the time we went back to turn in the key and find out if we were approved or rejected, it was way dark.  Good news, we got approved.  Bad news, I missed yet another day at the park.

Then, because my sister is also househunting, we spent most of the night driving to different houses to peak into dark windows and find HER dream house.  We didn't eat dinner or even make it back to the townhome until after 9pm, so I didn't bother with the exercise bike either. 

We ate Wendys, which is okay with their 5 fat gram meal (a baked potato, chili and a salad), I did have a couple of glasses of champagne at the new house.  Altogether I only shaved 800 calories off of my day.  I'm not feeling all that successful.

And to top it all off, my son agitated my cats until they pounced on and subsequently popped my Pilates ball with their claws.

An appropriate metaphor for the day, considering it was a real bust.  :(

Exercise - Nada

Dec. Calories Spent: 35,570 = projected weight loss 10.16lbs

 

No comments: