Thursday, December 11, 2003

A Month into The Journey

I just realized today that I started this journal a month ago.  I figure there's no time like the present to go over a few accomplishments and or disappointments.

The good news is I'm down 17lbs.  The bad news is I could have been down more had I not depended on the South Beach diet.  But live and learn.

Added to the probable 20lbs I lost before that, we're looking at 37lbs since late September.  Pretty excited about that. 

The good news is I'm down 3 inches total from the start of my new eating lifestyle.  The bad news is it could have been more had I been working my fanny off sooner.  Again... live and learn. 

I miss overindulging in bad foods on a weekly basis, but so far nothing I haven't been able to handle.  I ended up eating a cheeseburger and a half last night and felt like a pig, but when I worked out the calories I was actually at 1800.  So that's good.  65 grams of fat, and that's not so good... but still nothing to really beat myself up for.

My mother in law sent some candied apples to us for Christmas.  :- |  The good news is a few bites into it and I already feel satisfied.  I probably won't need to eat the whole thing.  (and I picked the one with the lowest calories and lowest fat)  So that means I'm well on my way to being free of food, where people I love won't have to walk on eggshells around me as I make the necessary sacrifices to lose weight.

Don't deprive.  Just make sensible choices.

I haven't gone for my walk yet.  But we'll be out the door shortly.  Our rather insistant four legged child seen above has decided to become my fitness coach.  If we miss our walk at the park, he bawls us out.  He's a good boy!

The writing hasn't gone as well as I had hoped it would.  I abandoned the screenplay for a novel steeped in drama, and now I'm stalled at page 25. 

So... on to goals for next month at this time. 

Weight: I want to break the 300lb mark.  I've got 13.5 lbs to go.

Inches: At least another two inches gone.

Fitness: Start walking a mile and a half.

Diet:  Down another 100 calories to 1700 calories a day to maintain consistant weight loss.

Writing: Be on page 50 of both novel and screenplay.  If I haven't done it, feel free to bawl me out.  I will deserve it.  :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It really sounds like you are off to a great start, and its great that you post all your goals here! Maybe I need to get a "four legged child" to get my butt out, walking!! cute dog! what about some pics of you?Its a great way to see results!

Anonymous said...

Thanks! I have to keep my goals in front of me so I can keep focused. Otherwise, I get sidelined and sidetracked and end up worse than when I started. Yeah, Sir Winston Q. Pooter, as our Puggins is affectionately known, can give even Richard Simmons a run for his money in the motivation department. I recommend one to anyone. :)