Thursday, December 25, 2003

Merry Christmas!

I hope everyone's Christmas is going fabulous today.  We're all doing fine, I'm taking a moment of peace and quiet while my sons watch their new DVDs.  I have a ham prepared and some good, lowfat side dishes and sweet stuff, and after we eat I'll probably trek on over to the office to get in my 20mins on the bike.  Again I'm fighting the urge to just put it aside today, but again I have to remember that I need to give myself the most important gift of all.  The gift of diligence, so that next Christmas I can have one of those cool "after" photos to go with my before photos.

It's hard.  Depression is an uphill battle.  I even contemplated a nap but I think what I really need to do is to get my rump over to the office and ride myself happy.  These are my weak moments, and I hate that you all have to see it.  But that comes with the strict code of honesty I've dedicated to this project.  I now know the meaning of the phrase "painfully honest".

I've also decided that I'm not going to let numbers rule my life like they have done.  What's important isn't that the scales say but what I do.  And I say that as a person who gets frustrated VERY easily if the weight doesn't come off like I want it to, or like I think it should (i.e. FAST).  I'm going to try to redefine my own meanings of success.  If I do my exercises and I do not overeat, then that's a successful day.  Enough of those successful days in a row and that numbers on my scale can't HELP but go down. 

So I'm not going to beat myself up for the weight I haven't lost, but commend myself for the positive changes I've made.  I can feel really good about the accomplishments I've made.  I'm not going to define myself by what I weigh, but instead by what I do.

And I'm doing all right.

So Merry Christmas, dear Readers, especially my weight loss buddies and all my journal buddies.  Your gift of support is one I most treasure today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas to you too! I agree the gift support is immeasurable!
Monica