Friday, December 26, 2003

There Can Be No Testimony Without the Test

Or at least that's what one of my favorite preachers says. 

Today I woke up after 5 hours of sleep to find my bathroom flooded all the way into my neighbor's apartment.  I go to work, feeling zero enthusiasm about doing so, hoping for a half day so I can come home and nap.  No such luck.  Today was free listing day on Ebay, so that meant I had to prepare auctions to go up ASAP.  I worked late, missing my walk. 

If there was a day that would make me want to cheat, today was that day.  Talk about feeling the urge to indulge.  I was ready to spoil myself and how.  No walk, no bike, eating out and sleep most of the evening away.  However, hubby pulled a rabbit out of his hat (or should I say, a cat) and managed to pull me out of my funk for the most part.  We have a new critter, and when he's finished behing camera shy I'll get his photo up here.  His name is Romeow, because he's a little lover boy.  We got him from the Pet Rescue, and his poor little tail didn't survive the scrape he obviously had. 

So my mood elevated but not my energy, and I had to force myself to ride the bike.  I didn't get my walk and felt mighty bad about that, so I made sure I not only rode my bike but I rode it 30 mins this time. 

I came home to eat the leftover lime jello treat I talked about yesterday and found my oldest had cleaned it up while I was at work.  : - |  Teenagers.  The best cure to overeating because there isn't ever any FOOD. 

I am very grateful though how well the journal is being received, and really glad Monica, the Queen Goddess of Weight Loss got the recognition she deserved by being picked #1.  Go Mon! 

So I latched my lasso to all of y'all and got through the day.

Thanks :)

Exercise - Rode stationary bike 30mins.

Dec. Calories Spent: 29,720 = projected weight loss 8.49lbs.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lucky you..a new kitty to love!!! what a cutie...with a great name, lol

Anonymous said...

Congrats on making the top 5 list! Keep up the great work!
~Dana

Anonymous said...

I think it must of been that kind of day for a lot of us yesterday. I just wanted to veg out, especially after the bad news of gaining 2 pounds, sigh. I did the treadmill for 30 minutes, no bike yesterday. We ate out and I didn't get any french fries. I was going to send you an e-mail to congratulate you on the top 5 ~ please accept my heartfelt congrats to you! Well deserved. I have to check out the other 3 still. WHEN I finally get time at home. (I'm at work.)
Monica

Anonymous said...

You must be a fan of Joyce Meyer too. I start everyday listening to her. She gives me the inspiration to keep on trying. Congrats on your new cat-animals are a great help whenever you are feeling anything bad. I have 2cats,a dog and birds. I was not able to keep from spoiling myself with wine and ice cream yest. but today is a new day and I will keep pressing forward. Thanks for your comment.