Monday, December 29, 2003

Please Don't Feed the Fat Person

What.A.Day. 

Challenge #1 - my son made roast beef sandwiches and brought them to the office, without being asked, just to be kind.  How can you resist this??  But I had to because...

Challenge #2 - My sister offered me a sinful turkey wrap made with cream cheese.  I ate two slices.  I implore you.  If you know a person who is trying to lose weight, please don't offer them bad foods just to be "nice".  Be mean.  I beg you.

Challenge #3 - We ended up going (rental) house hunting this afternoon, and it had to be done by 6pm.  Right now we're in a two bedroom townhome and my children are driving me crazy cooped up in one room.  The house we like is not only 3 bedrooms, but has a two car garage and 1600+ sq ft living space.  Anyway, checking out a couple of houses and then negotiating a move in price meant we were out till it was too late and too dark to walk.

Challenge #4 - I didn't want to exercise.  I was too excited about the house.  I had to force myself to ride the bike.  After all, I had those turkey wrap slices. 

Challenge #5 - I come home to a trashed house.  Thirteen year old + kitchen = disaster.  By the time I was done cleaning it, I didn't have any inclination to cook which left me to my old standby.  Takeout food.  I wanted pizza.  I got a grilled chicken on wheat instead.

Challenge #6 - I didn't want to do Pilates.  At.  All.  My day has taken its toll.  So I forced myself to do it, and here I am.  All I want is a hot bath and a warm bed. 

Exercise: stationary bike 30 mins, Pilates

Dec. calories spent - 34,770 = projected weight loss 9.93lbs

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thats alot of challenges for one day, you did great...that turkey wrap sounds real yummy!!

Anonymous said...

Hey! Way to go! It is SO hard to be motivated... especially when there are distractions and temptations everywhere you look. Good for you! BTW... love your Journal! Lisa

Anonymous said...

A lot of challenges there and you should be PROUD of yourself in how you handled them all! I'm proud of you, no doubt.
Monica

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you really had a full day. I too had a challenge, I made some "Cuban Sandwiches" for dinner (roasted port with ham and cheese, slice of pickle and mustard on french bread, then grilled on a p[an with butter til bread is crsipy), and I am proud to say that I passed up the opportunity of eating one myself. Good luck Evy

Anonymous said...

You should feel real good about yourself because I would've ordered pizza over anything. Good luck!