Saturday, December 27, 2003

...Until You Get Out of the Boat (pt 2)

Today is that day. 

There is a post regarding the best Christmas gift we've received this year, and I plan to tell them about my journal being featured on AOL.  I don't care much about material things, the fact that my writing stood out enough to be featured is a very big deal for me.  And it all came because I was willing to be real with who I was.  I was willing to step into the fire and open myself up to praise or ridicule to the world.  I was willing to lay bare the one thing that the internet has always afforded me - the safety of anonymity. 

I'm still scared.  But I finally decided that great things won't happen (like selling a script) without me being the hero in my own hero's journey.  Like any protagonist I'm getting out of my comfort zone, doing things I have never before done, because I want something better for myself than being scared.  There's absolutely nothing I should be scared of.  Sure some people can go the mean route and make fun, or some can ignore me altogether.  But in the end, the pros might outweigh the cons and I can finally listen to my own advice about not waiting till I'm thin to be happy. 

So I'm going to get out of the water.  And hope to God I don't sink.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i enjoyed reading you thoughts and words. They r so powerfuland insight ful. reading your words made me feel good and positive. you r not going to sink.keep it up!

Anonymous said...

I hope you get yourself "out there" and pursuing your dreams. I am trying to develop my journal and create a business that encourages the women of baby boomer age that it's never too late to pursue the dreams they've had. I run into alot of fear of succeeding - where will that take me and require of me? It's easier to hide in failure abd comfort zones.