Sunday, December 28, 2003

I'm Confuzzled

Not that this is really newsworthy, it happens to me all the time.  But I am a little concerned that the scale hasn't caught up with what I *should* have lost by now.  I know, I know, I've been preaching that I should take the success of the day and let the weight take care of itself.  I do believe that.  But (and here's where Dr. Phil drawls, "When someone says but what they're really saying is forget everything I said before.  This is how I really feel."), BUT, I would like to maximize results.  So what could I be doing wrong?

I could be eating too little.  If my caloric needs are higher because of my weight, then drastically cutting them below 1000 calories less could slow down the metabolism and work against me.  And I found out today that adding the bicycling to my regimen actually adds 400 calories to my daily requirement.  So I probably should eat more but I'm scared to. 

Today my Richard Simmons Foodmover has sat accusingly from its dusty perch on my desk.  I had real success with it before, and it's pretty painless.  Rather than writing down all my calories, I just close little windows for the food I'm eating.  When the windows are all closed, I'm done eating for the day.  According to the foodmover, I should be eating 2000 calories per day.  When I break the 300lb mark, then it goes down to 1800. 

I'm highly suspicious that Richard knows more about what he's doing than I do, and I should retrieve said foodmover, dust it off and start using it again.  And after all it doesn't really change anything; I'll still base my success or failure on a per day basis (that I exercised and ate properly), but I'll let someone else have the hassle of figuring out how many calories I need and what I need to eat. 

We'll see what happens on the 1st of January, my "official" weigh in day.

Exercise - 30 mins on stationary bike

Dec. Calories spent: 33,225 = projected weight loss 9.49lbs

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congradulatons on your winning position in the journals. I love your journal and enjoy reading about your wonderful journy and how you have been bettering your self , life and thouse around you. Hope you will stop by and visit my journal. Nothing big just daily life and on occasion maybe an interesting tid bit of encouragement. http://journals.aol.com/my78novata/LorisLaurels/
Lori

Anonymous said...

i need help i weight a lot and my doctor wants mw to loose weight, i have tried a lot but it is so hard!!!! i can not do it, you are doing so well how do you do it?

Anonymous said...

uhm..not to bother u.. but u got number four on the weekly picks! yippy for.. u! well to leave u alone now im outie! PEACE out uhm u!

Anonymous said...

I was told,(at curves) to eat more also...it was hard to do, but it worked for me...two weeks later, I was down 5 pounds, its worth a try, you are doing great!!!

Anonymous said...

You are doing so well! Sometimes we want to rush the loss and that isn't good. We want it off for good and that is best lost slowly. Keep up the good work. I've been proud of all your efforts.
Monica