Sunday, December 21, 2003

And her legs shook like two bowls full of jelly...

I didn't get my walk in today, Steven worked an 11 hour shift.  So I finally went head to head with the elipitcal training machine at the office.  Picture it.  Me on one side of the room.  The Instrument of Torture on the other.  Off in the distance, a lone whistler provides harmony for The Good, The Bad & The Ugly.  Suddenly, a tumbleweed blows across the exercise room. 

In the end, I was only able to do five minutes on the ET.  My knees put up QUITE the protest.  My sister and I decided it must have been because of my weight on my knees, so I got on the stationary bike instead.  I rode out the five minutes barely, going about 33mph.  Just as I hit the five minute mark and was about to quit I realized in order to read the other stats I had to keep going.  So I slowed my pace down to about 28mph and found that was comfortable enough to keep going.  In all, I rode a bit over six miles in a little over 13 minutes, and I burned 150 calories (which was what I was aiming for). 

It's a start.  I plan on working my way up to riding the bike for about 30 mins and trying to conquer the EP once more. 

Exercise - 5 mins eliptical trainer, 13 mins exercise bike, 32 mins Pilates workout.

Dec calories spent: 23,720 = projected weight loss 6.78lbs (5lbs actual weight lost)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! Thanks for the link to hubbys journal, I enjoyed it! Karie

Anonymous said...

Thanks for going and checking it out! We must nurture the baby blogger. lol