Wednesday, December 10, 2003

Rewards

When an overweight person loses weight on a strict diet, the temptation looms to reward yourself with food.  Or maybe that's just me. 

Anyway, I've decided to put another great passion of mine on the stick I carry in front of myself to keep me going on the straight and narrow.  Traveling.

If you read my goals a few entries back, you'll see that I consider going to NYC and Europe important enough to list on my life goals before I hit 40.  Truth is, NYC is my congratulatory trip when I meet my goal weight.

In keeping with that theme, I've decided to give the big milestones nice trips.  And it only makes sense that it would be trips because my weight has and can prevent me from enjoying what I love to do most.  I haven't flown since Southwest Airlines started enforcing their obese passenger policy.  Whether or not I'd need the other seat is kind of a non issue.  Just the embarrassing question in front of a plane full of strangers is enough to scare me away.  And the fact is, I do need a seat extender, although not by much.  Two to three inches at most.

So here are the goals:

50lbs - Los Angeles (this is a no brainer because I have to go there in February anyway, but it gives me a concrete goal to work towards).

100lbs - Las Vegas.  My favorite city in the whole wide world - so far.  And I'm going to treat myself to a stay at the Mirage finally.

150lbs - Orlando, Florida.  "So Ginger, you've lost 150lbs.  What are you going to do now?" "I'm going to DISNEYWORLD!"

Reaching my 145lb goal weight means taking a huge, hunking bite out of the BIG APPLE. 

I . CANNOT. WAIT.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! 6.5 lbs. thats great!! Its a good idea you got here, good luck, you'll be here in NY in no time!!

Anonymous said...

Maybe I should set a travel goal for myself!!! I LOVE to travel and wouldn't mind getting to all the cities you mentioned again ... Europe is also on my list of things to do ~ especially Spain. Great journal here, thanks for visiting me.
Monica

Anonymous said...

Thanks!! Today we worked out budgets so we can do all the things I want to do. I think saving money might be harder than losing the weight! Y'all are total sweethearts, thanks for reading and commenting on the journal. I value your imput very much. :)