Sunday, December 7, 2003

A twofor, since I've been MIA all week :)

Like I said in my other post, I'm feeling really positive these days.  I think I'm even coming to term with my age.

I know that 34 isn't all that old, but ever since I was a kid I always dreaded going past 32, like all my prime years were behind me.  And as I started this journey with the weight loss, and also the writing, I have felt like I was catching the bus really late.  And I hate to be really late.

But the other day for some reason that all changed.  I started looking at the thirties as being still very young, and still quite capable of accomplishing the many goals I have set for myself.  In fact, I read a news article that said today's thirty-something looks at the milestone more as a beginning than an end.  Even Oprah says that hitting 40 means you're hitting your stride. 

So in the spirit of this newfound youthfulness, I decided to put my goals down in a more concrete way and decide there are going to be certain things I'll do before I hit 40.

They are as follows - in no particular order:

1. Get down to goal weight and maintain at 150lbs.
2. Sell a book AND/or a screenplay - a significant sale.
3. Have one more child, at least.
4. Own my own home.
5. Buy a new car, as in brand new car.
6. Travel to New York City.
7. Travel to Europe.
8. Go on a cruise
9. Run a mile (I never did it, even as a kid... it’s kind of a personal vendetta)

I've got six years, and I feel like I have a foothold on several of these goals.  My new year's resolution has to do with the finances, and of course I'm working really hard on the weight.  I have to dedicate more time to the writing, that's been the slowest moving goal so far.

I meant to have two more screenplays done by the end of the year but I haven't been inspired to write any on either one.  I just need to bite the bullet and get to work.

Slow and steady wins the race.  I can't get it all done in a couple of months, but if I do a little each day I can look back at the progress and be amazed at how much I really can do.

 

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hopefully I will get to tag along for #6-8 :)

I love your journal, thank you for sharing it to me.

I love you and wish you success, Jeff

Anonymous said...

Absotively Posolutley.

:)

Wouldn't be NYC or Europe or a Cruise without my best friend of 23 years to spend it with!

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about the age thing..I always dreded turning 30...I'm 31! Its not as bad as I thought, I have made alot of changes in my appearance to make myself feel better! Good luck with all of your goals!! YOU CAN DO IT!

Anonymous said...

Thanks Hapy! :)

I'm glad the 30s are working out for you. You sound like you're really getting it together.

I'm kinda envious ;)