Friday, April 9, 2004

When One Outlet is Closed...

Another one opens.  Though I haven't been writing here the last few days, I've been writing like a MADWOMAN on a new script.  I'm literally a woman possessed.  This story so fascinates me that I can't put it away, hopefully that will translate to the reader/audience that they can't put it down. 

To tell you how devoted I am, I just started this thing this week and I'm already on page 60.  Considering a script runs between 110-120 pages long, I'm half way done.  In fact, I just finished my second act plot reversal.  Remember that script I started last year when I started this journal?  It's still on page 25. AND thanks to The Bachelor it may very well be antiquated.  But that's a gripe for another day.

This script is actually a horror script about vampires, which happen to be the thing I'm most scared of.  I was researching this in the last few weeks in those overnight hours I'm so fond of keeping and I managed to scare myself silly. 

My two sounding boards, Steven and my best friend of 24 years Jeff, are thoroughly engrossed and keep telling me MORE MORE once I send them my daily installments.  For today I've had hourly installments it's been flowing so smooth.  This after months of creative drought.  It feels good to be able to write again.

I write every day, but as far as constructing a story I've gotten especially reticent.  I'm so afraid to "get it right" that I never get it written. 

Anyway, I've written myself sleepy so I'm going to head to bed.  Here are the totals, and all except for the sodium aren't too bad, considering I turned into a mean, green eating machine earlier. 

Calories: 1984 / fat: 20%
Sodium: 3544mg
Water: 72oz
Exercise: my fingers flying over a keyboard

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

PS (continuation of comment which started below about this entry LOL):  By the way, there is a cure for what you experience in your writing--wanting to get it right and not writing because of this personality "feature"--if the book is still in print:  Peter Elbow author--you'd have to research it because this is one of the personal items lost in my divorce and I do not remember the title. I know how to explain it to you if you'd like, but Elbow's book is worth having.