Saturday, April 17, 2004

FRUSTRATED

I've learned something very peculiar about this weight loss journal as late.  If I exercise, I don't lose weight.  I weighed in today at 289lbs and 8 oz which is down only one ounce since last week.  If I don't exercise, then I lose 2-3lbs a week. 

Now I know in my logical mind the answer isn't to stop exercising.  Exercising will tone and sculpt the body so that as I lose the weight I'll look and be more fit.  So if not exercising isn't the answer, then what is?

I didn't realize until yesterday that I was eating 2000 calories below what I burn, according to fitday.com.  That's a lot, and it isn't recommended to go down below 1000 calories of what you burn.  So, since I've added the exercise, I'm going to bump up the calories just to see what happens.  What do I have to lose, right?  I'm going to bump back up to 2000 - 2200 calories because I'm too chicken to eat more than that. 

So the new weekly goals are as such:

Calories: 2000-2200 per day
Fat: Not to exceed 30% of total calories
Sodium: Not to exceed 3000mg per day
Water: 96oz per day
Exercise: Walk minimum 10 miles total, do Pilates 3 times

If my next week weigh in shows little loss or even a gain, I will modify. 

Adapting and rolling with the punches.  That's the bottom line of my Journey.

The good news is I did lose 2 1/2 inches, so I know at least SOMETHING is working. 

 

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay...it's always good to review what you do and modify as necessary!  We all need to take the time to find out what works for each one of us!

--Jacqueline

Anonymous said...

I understand your frustration.  I, too, have been on a plateau for some time now.  But I am definitely smaller, as I am fitting into things I haven't worn in years, and things I've never worn that were bought with "good intentions".  You lost 2+inches,
I think you are doing great,and from the recent pictures I've seen of you,looking great too!  DB