Sunday, April 11, 2004

Month #5 Update

Happy Easter everybody.  I hope your day was festive in whichever way you choose to spend it.  As for us, we decided to take the opportunity to go to church this morning.  It's a big milestone for me, as I have been wrestling with matters of faith and such for a while.  Interestingly enough, the sermon today was on hope, which was quite fitting.  The pastor even touched on the hopelessness one goes through at the loss of a loved one, the loss of faith in those we love, and other hopeless issues that pretty much hit on every sore spot I have lately.  I believe it was divinely inspired.  Needless to say, we will go back.

Today was also the 5 month milestone of my AOL Journaling experience.  Aside from the blip earlier this week, I consider this journal an asset to the Journey, and more than a little responsible for the progress I've been able to make thus far.

So after yesterday's official weigh in at 289lbs and 9oz, that brings the month's tally to 8lbs lost.  I'm very happy as this was my goal.  I've also lost an astounding 12 inches, mostly from the dreaded "girth" around my middle.  I've nearly lost a foot around since January, and that's just pretty darned cool.  I'm almost ready to fly Southwest again. 

All and all a really nice day.  Although the scripture that says the enemy will come IMMEDIATELY to steal the word was proven way true, in an annoying string of events that started last night and nearly sidelined going to church at all.  It was nothing dire mind you, just really really annoying.  It affected my work night and my paycheck, both things that couldn't afford delays as I was running such a strict schedule to fit church and Easter dinner.  All is well now, and I guess that's all that matters. 

Oh, and I guess I should go into how Easter dinner went in accordance with the goals that I've set.  I have to say I'm pretty proud of the choices I made today.  I had to make some sacrifices (the relish dish for one, baked beans for too, which I always like to serve with ham), but on the whole it was a very good meal that didn't sideline my goals in any drastic way.  There are a couple of new recipes over at  Ginger's Kitchen.

Anyway I'm EXHAUSTED.  I'll catch you all tomorrow.  :)

Calories 1911 / 19% fat
Sodium: 3090mg
Water: 72oz
Exercise: Running around like a chicken with my head cut off.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter to you, Steven, and your family.  It was funny, because I sat down to dinner today at my mother-in-laws home.  When I was making food choices, I immediately thought " what would Ginger do?".  LOL...and I DID make good choices. :)  Your pics are very sweet and you look GORGEOUS!!!  You and Steven make a beautiful couple.  The boys are sweeties, too.  Hope you had a great day!

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good Easter weekend!  Great on your weight & inch losses!!!  Wonder what milestone is in store for next month? :)
Got my son married over the weekend, whew...  Spent the weekend in my beloved Fort Worth.  Will always be home to me.

Anonymous said...

ok I hear all about you from Gin and you are two hours away from us and didn't let us know????!!!!   I would have driven us over there to visit.  GRRRRRRR

Anonymous said...

Happy belated Easter Ginger!  You look really beautiful.  I love your dress!

Thanks for sharing the pictures.

Julie