Wednesday, April 21, 2004

The Chinese Food was Good... I was BAD.

Tonight my mother and I took my sister out for her belated birthday dinner.  She chose a Chinese food buffet.  Combine my passion for Chinese food with my utter lack of Buffet willpower and you have my night.

But instead of focusing on the fact I went over my calories and WAAYYYY over my sodium, I'd like to focus instead on the good news.

The good news is I limited my portions considerably.  I only had a spoon full of each buffet entree, rather than load it up, this way I had a taste of various dishes.  This helped keep down the calories.

And best of all.  I stopped when I was satisfied, I didn't stuff myself. 

These are milestones to my mind. 

Another bit of good is - I am a part of an important chain of events that will help put Fitday.com at the forefront of the weight loss industry.  You all know how completely in love I am with this program and how strongly I believe in it.  Well, I told my sister about it, so she got her son's girlfriend excited about it.  The girlfriend told her mother, who then told all her coworkers about it, who happen to be a group to lose weight.  One of the ladies there has about 100lbs to lose and when she went to her doctor and told her doctor about it, he immediately had her show him this program.

He loved it so much that he's going to take it to his colleagues, doctors through four states, to get the word out there to people trying to lose weight, to give them a healthy alternative to Atkins.  He says that it's an accurate program that will help people have an idea of what's going on in their bodies.

Is this exciting news or what??  Of course anything that gets Fitday on the map is a blessing, because I truly, with all my heart, believe this program can help educate people on how to stay fit and healthy for a lifetime.  It isn't a diet, it's a tool, and you only get out of it what you put into it.  I'm a firm believer that if you use it properly and dedicate yourself to it, you cannot fail. 

Last but not least I sent my script to a script consultant, thanks to a screenwriter friend of mine having an in.  I'll know by next week what he thinks about it.  From what my friend says, he's very very very very very blunt and never sugarcoats his review.  She says the first one he gave her on her work made her cry.  I only reconsidered for a moment before I finally decided I cannot grow if I don't get outside of my comfort zone.  In fact, Terry Rossio (cowriter of Shrek, Pirates of the Caribbean, The Mask of Zorro and others) had a quote in the latest issue of one of my screenwriting magazines that said,  "It is a rare man who can prevail in the face of comfort."  If that isn't a sign, I don't know what is.

So I am growing and stretching, no matter how uncomfortable these tests are.  But like Jesse Duplantis says, you can't have a testimony without the test.  I won't lie that if he writes back a scathing review I won't be momentarily crushed.  Just please do me a favor and don't let me stay that way.  :)

Calories: 2153* / 32% fat
Sodium: Do we really have to see this number?  Ok if you insist: 3571
Water: 96oz (at least I made ONE goal today)
Exercise: walked 1 mile

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chinese food...yummy, I'd of had a hard time with that to! I loved the before/after pictures....you are looking good, Girlfriend!!

Anonymous said...

Good Luck on the script!!!  DB