Thursday, March 4, 2004

Looking Temptation in the Eye

This coming weekend is going to be a challenge.  We're going to San Antonio and while I'm really excited about the trip (I've never been), I'm nervous about breaking routine.  Without access to this journal or fitday.com, which has totally become my essential weight loss tool, I'm going to be flying blind.  And eating out.

I weighed in today because I couldn't weigh in on Saturday.  No change, big surprise.  I'm not particularly worried.  Even though I had given myself permission to eat up to 2500 calories, I didn't make it much of the week.  So I expect that by the time I weigh in again it'll show a loss. 

Unless of course I go hog wild (literally) in San Antone.  Eating out is my weakness, and even though I've delivered myself from thinking that I should indulge in the luxury of eating bad foods, the temptation is always there.  So even though I will most likely go over in terms of sodium, I'll make sure every choice I can make is a healthy one.  Grilled instead of fried/steamed instead of sauteed/dark sauces instead of white or cream, fish/chicken instead of red meat.  And of course lots and lots of water.

The good news is all the walking I'm going to get in on the attractions alone.  The Alamo, a museum, the zoo which covers 35 acres.  I'm going to dust off my pedometer and see exactly how many steps I can stack up.  If it's 10,000 each day we're gone, then that will help me forgive myself for not being able to do the bike.

So anyway I'm off for the next few days.  I'll miss you guys and I am going to take tons of pics while I'm gone to share with you all our San Antonio Adventure.  Everyone take care and keep on truckin.  :)

Calories: 2187 - 21% fat

Sodium: 3316

Water: 72oz

Exercise:  gonna ride the bike again tonight

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Enjoy your trip Ginger and not to worry about indulging. You are on your way to a lighter brighter you and you will be fine. My daughter was in Dallas last summer on her way to Panama and she said it was sooo hot. I have not been to Texas in many many years. Enjoy your family and smile a lot. It does brighten up any day. Blessings rae

Anonymous said...

Have a great trip Gin. You should view this as a reward for your hard work! I know you'll do great eating out.

Can't wait to see those pics.

Julie

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to Congratulate you on your progress, and your courage to document it all on your journal here. Until you struggle with weight ( I have), you don't truly understand the pain, discrimination, self conflicts, deprivation, and stress it brings into your life. It is great to see someone making the sacrifices it takes to become healthy ( inside and out), instead of looking for the next "hollywood diet". I send you my best wishes and hope to see your writing out there soon too!- Heather

Anonymous said...

I look forward to hearing and seeing the pictures from San Antonio ~ such a fun place! Have a great time ~ your looking good!
Smilin Mon