Monday, March 8, 2004

Back into Routine

My vacation from the routine means that getting back into routine hasn't been easy.  Not necessarily the eating patterns, I think that I have those pretty well licked.  I ate a Krispy Kreme donut today and still managed to keep mostly to the goals.  I went a little over in fat, but I know that's how it worked out with everything else I ate. 

In fact, I entered all the food I ate over the weekend and I never went over my caloric requirement.  I ate a lot more fat each day, and the sodium was atrocious, but on the whole I shouldn't have gained any real weight to speak of.

I actually weighed in while we were in San Antonio and came in at 306lbs.  !!!!  That's an eight pound gain in two days.  The arrival of my least favorite aunt is due any day, so it could be water weight.  We'll find out on Thursday when I do my monthly update here. 

My biggest issue as always has been the exercise.  I managed a lot of it while we were gone, but getting on the bike tonight was no easy task.  I don't know why it's so hard for me to do what I know needs to be done to keep up the weight loss.

There are things that are much harder to accomplish or face that people muster the courage to fight every single day.  I know that I can handle thirty minutes of exercise, so there's no excuse for me to slide.  I've been lazy lately, and it's time for me to kick my butt into gear and give this my all.   You only get out of things what you put into them, and I have been lackluster lately.  No excuses, just the honest truth. 

So I vow here to make the following goals:  ride the stationary bike 6 days a week, and alternate a walk to the park and Pilates those same 6 days.  Today it's the bike and Pilates.  Tomorrow it's the bike and a walk.  I'm GOING to defeat this weight.

Calories: 1863, 33% fat

Sodium: 2579mg

Water intake: 48oz

Exercise: 30 mins exercise bike

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Go Ginger:

Just take a tylenol or your otc drug of choice if you get sore from exercise; eventually you will feel excellent from the exercise. The inches will really start to come off because of the exercise and your "melt" will happen. Also, exercise resistance can be due to cell salt(s) concerns--make sure to get your calcium/magnesium and potassium (especially if you feel weak). Sweat makes us excrete salts of all kinds. WE LOVE YA!!!!!!