Friday, March 19, 2004

All Wrapped Up

Mission Tortillas now make these tasty new wraps and I'm addicted.  I bought the Jalapeno Cheddar Wraps and the Herb Garlic Wrap.  They have a lot of flavor.  The trick, however, is what to fill it with considering they're 210 calories each, and they have 800mg of sodium. 

Tonight it was some lettuce, some mushrooms, some fat free cheddar cheese, some non fat sour cream and some homemade pico de gallo.  The total calories turned out to be 288, with 5 grams of fat.  The sodium was a tad high with the cheese and the tortilla, probably around 1200, but this wrap is so big and so filling it can replace a meal easy. 

My sister is so excited about fitday.com, and she introduced the site to my nephew's girlfriend.  Both of them rush to input new information to see how their numbers change, and they both are thrilled that they can eat what they want as long as they modify how it affects their daily routine. 

I love the fact that you don't have to diet to lose weight.  You can actually enjoy food.  And I find the more you understand food the less you want all the bad stuff.  I took my sister to Fazoli's for dinner and she got a gander at the big milk chocolate cookie sitting in their bakery case.  I told her to look up the nutritional info on that puppy and she wouldn't think it looked so appetizing afterwards.  She got out her trusty nutritional information packet and exclaimed, "53 grams of fat???"  Suddenly that cookie lost all its appeal. 

Even without that cookie we had a nice dinner and enjoyed good food.  This is how to do it for the long haul. 

Calories: 1854 / 17% fat

Sodium: 2344mg

Water: 48oz

Exercise: none

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds really good....gonna have to give that a try.........Thanks..........Deanna

Anonymous said...

MMmmmm...tortillas. I love 'em. They are also my DD's downfall. The calories are horrible! I had a hard time convincing DH how bad they are. He just couldn't grasp that a "thin" piece of flour could be so high in calories! They are on my "don't bring in the house" list. Might have to change that...

Julie

Anonymous said...

I'm off to check out fitday.com ... someone had mentioned another site and I'm still searching for that info ~ if I find i will share with you.

Thanks for the tips about the tortillas :)

Smilin Mon

Anonymous said...

Hi Ginger, been a few days and had to catch up. you are doing well it seems and the cold is gone. You make so much sense in how you decide on things. you are an inspiration to so many, including me. Blessings rae