Tuesday, March 30, 2004

Foiling the Con Artist

See that girl there?  She's an excellent con artist.  If you give her enough time to figure out an excuse that can get her out of uncomfortable situations, she'll come up with some humdingers of cons to get her way.  Optimum comfort, that's her game.

Last week I didn't get in any exercise to speak of because I let too much time pass between thinking "I need to exercise" and getting out the door.  If I let those crucial minutes pass, I'll come up with tons of excuses to pass on doing what I least like to do.  This week I've made it a point to just do it.  (Thank you Nike)  If I think, "I should go on a walk today," I immediately start putting on my shoes and head toward the door.  If I think, "I need to do Pilates,"  I move that coffee table and press play on my Pilates tape.  If I don't, that con you see up there will do her level best to talk me out of it.

Well I showed her.  Today I went to GNC and weighed in at 290 lbs!!  That's another two pound loss since Friday.  We are doing it... I really believe drinking the water and watching the sodium is key - because it's the only thing I'm doing differently.  Thank you Fitday.com!

Now it's official.  I have 145lbs to get to 145.  I have to lose me to get to me. LOL  But I'm so excited that a few more ounces from now I can say that I have less to lose than I want to weigh.  A pretty big milestone if you ask me.

I just gotta keep that con woman under control.  One day she'll thank me.

Calories: 1770 / 21% fat
Sodium: 2734mg
Water: 68oz
Exercise: walked 1.5 miles, ab roller

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ginger, been a few days and wanted to stop in and say hi and you are doing wonderful. had a lot of reading to do to catch up. Love your pup Winston. ADORABLE.. Well, it is late and I am tired, been painting and remodelling. Will check on you tomorrow. God Bless rae

Anonymous said...

Hey Ginger ... I'm also checking in and finding I have a lot to read. Your looking real good and making wonderful progress! :)

Smilin Mon

Anonymous said...

Gin! You are doing SO well!!! I am so excited for you! You're looking marrrbellous Dahlin'! Keep up the excellent work! PS ... the shirt is flowing! One more thing, you may still be having some "unsure" days, but you are sounding more confident each month. BIG SMILE from "Mama Burgess"!

Anonymous said...

LOL! The con woman bit is hysterical. This IS a big milestone. You are shrinking before our very eyes--turn that con woman into a disappearing act!--But because you have her, put her to work for you--get her to con you into GOOD stuff. I meant to tell you yesterday, adorable baby pictures!!!!!! Your family, & pooter too, look great with you at the park. I'll think of your park when I'm at my park.

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are AWESOME, LITLLE MISSY!!!! You look great and I am so proud of you! You really do continue to inspire me. At this time, I'm not doing so well...lots of stress cuz we are moving half way across the country. That will all be over in 2 weeks (I know, I have a good excuses of my own, so don't EVEN think you got that area cornered!!) and I am going to follow your tips and get my butt exercisin'!!! Thank you for everything, sweetie!!! Love, Gretchen

Anonymous said...

Just a blurb to let you all know I am going to be away for awhile--behave yourselves now!

Anonymous said...

Yay for you!!! The fact that you've hit 290 just seems like such a big milestone to me! And I love the spring photos...it gives me hope that spring will eventually get here (NY state!) We haven't had snow in a few days...so maybe in 6 wks. or so...

--Jacqueline

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful park! It's so nice to be out & exercising in the warmth, isn't it?

You are really looking awesome.

Hugs,
Julie