Wednesday, March 24, 2004

Happy anniversary to me

It was on March 23, 1999 that Steven and I met thanks to the internet and a chat room called Hopelessly Romantic.  I would like to report that we had a fantastic romantic evening, but I'm still working through a lot of emotional BS so it fell incredibly short of my expectations.

Maybe I just expect too much.

I've been wrestling a lot with depression lately.  I'd blame PMS but I think it's just more of my familiar demons playing hell with my emotions.

Not to mention Daniel's birthday is coming up on Friday.  I think it's just over exaggerating everything else.  And things like the Ho's appearance the other day don't help.

I'm not eating my way out of feeling blue, that's the good news.  I got really upset today that I can't eat what I want when I want it, that's the bad news.  But I didn't overeat.

I also didn't exercise.  I wasn't kind to myself tonight.  Tomorrow we'll talk more on inner dialogue - at the moment I'm going to shut my inner speaker up.  She's giving me a major headache.

Calories: 2080 / 25% fat
Sodium: 3203mg
Water: 36oz
Exercize:  None

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I struggle w/mood swings often Gin. I empathize w/you. Are you sure it's not PMS? Maybe your cycle is changing. I know mine does quite often. I commend you on not turning to food to medicate. I've not been able to clear this hurdle in weight loss yet. I will still over eat when depressed but have learned to up my exercise to compensate. Problem is compensating only maintains & I need to continue losing!

Good thoughts coming your way.

Julie

Anonymous said...

Don't forget when we are not happy with our appearance that alone can easily send us into a depression. I sought hard and I found and it works quick: go to the health food store and get some samE. One brand is superior (white, copper foil trim, purple and black box) nature something or something naturals? There are books on it too. It goes to work in 3-4 days; therapeutic dose 400 mg. 1st thing in am on empty stomach.

Anonymous said...

*See 3/22--there is much more I can say but I am tied up crazy busy right now; working night and day--I have just finished developing the final version of something :-). I am thrilled--I lost 2 pounds this week (yeah!). I am drinking water like it is going out of style....I get the most done in the morning. I read in Dr. "Batman's" book we get hungry when we are simply hungry. So first thing in the a.m. with my supps I slam down 3 glasses-- yup only 5 left for the entire day!!!