Saturday, March 27, 2004

How do you say no to a face like this??

Well today Winston's prayers were answered and we finally went to the park.   He was so good and obedient too, as though he thought if he misbehaved it would be another long stretch between walks.  He understands the "stay" command, and in fact anticipates the command whenever we approach a situation I normally use it (like when we hit the curb, he'll wait for me without me having to tell him to stay).  I decided today to teach him "left" and "right", since it's a delicate choreograph routine to walk amidst all the joggers, the other people with dogs, people on skates, people on bikes - etc.  So I'd pull him to the left and say "to the left, to the left" or keep him tight to the right and say, "to the right, to the right".  Pretty soon I told him "to the right" and he crossed over from my left to walk on my right side.  He's so smart!!!! 

I measured today and I'm down another three inches for the week.  The girth, she be shrinking.  I'm pretty excited about that.  I also got the contraption you see in the pics above to help matters a bit.  My nephew swears by it, and he has my sister and his girlfriend using it for five reps a day.  I can totally tell the difference in the girlfriend, so I thought, why not?  I can do five reps.  And the upper body could use some... liftin and tonin.  Let's just say my 18 hour bra requires a ten minute smoke break every half hour. 

It was tough to get out and walk today.  Not necessarily bad once I got out to the alley and on my way, but gathering up the initiative to get to the alley - that wasn't easy.  My Pilates ball glares from me from its dusty perch over in the corner.  Ah, hell.  It's not as guilt rendering as a couple of brown Pug eyes that seem to scream, "Why don't you love me anymore, Mommy?", but it's time to remind myself there is no try.  There is do or do not.

I'm gonna do it.

Calories: 1475 / 18% fat
Sodium: 2314mg
Water: 81oz
Exercise: walked 3 miles, ab toner, Pilates

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Winston is adorable. Glad you got out for a walk. Loved the comment about the 18 hour Bra. LOL I have one of those wheels in my closet and actually had forgotten about it until I saw your pic of it. Guess I need to pull it out. Just stopping by to check on ya' hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend.
~RC~

Anonymous said...

Winston is too cute!!! I want a Winston for me!!!

Smilin Mon

Anonymous said...

Your picture of that dog and caption is so funny I'm cryin'! My philosophy with the park for now is: I just agree with myself to go to it; the rest --just happens. (It's a bargain too! $25 yearly gets a choice of three!) Stellar job again today Gin: Miles, water, cals, pilates, trusty equation for a winner!! Me? My neighbor trashed my eating plans again! I should avoid him. He's so nuts. I still netted close to 2 lbs this week. (I should print Winston's face!) THX!

Anonymous said...

All I can say is... YOU ARE GREAT!!! Keep it up, sweetie. You still are inspiring ME!! :) (and I think I am in love....with Winston)

Anonymous said...

Your site is great! I'm so glad I stopped by. It's a pleasure to read. If only my entries were half as interesting. Keep up the good work!
~J
http://journals.aol.com/manohsteel/ReflectionsoftheRomanticallyHope

Anonymous said...

Heeeey Ginger! :o) *wavin*

Thank you sooooo much for the beautiful message you left me. Girl, I nearly cried when I read it. You are such a sweet, caring, beautiful person and I'm so glad I found you. I appreciate you more than you know. Believe that!

Congrats to you and hubby on your anniversary. It's so wonderful to hear of couples sticking together these days when so many are throwing in the towel. Hang in there girl.

Anonymous said...

Sorry I was away so long, but I'll be back soon. Hope you're having a beautiful weekend.

Big hugz to you! :o)

Lynne

Anonymous said...

And major kudos on losing more inches and droppin' those pounds like they're hot! Girl, you are 58 pounds down now and that is AWESOME!!! I know you're feelin' pretty darn good about that, and you should. I can hardly wait till I get there. You inspire me so much. I'm slowly getting my groove back after that scale shocker I experienced earlier this month. Thanks again for your support.