Saturday, May 8, 2004

An Interesting Thing Happened on the Way to 2100 Calories...

I got full.

That's right... I went to Chili's, ordered lunch and about half way through I realized I had enough to eat.

Maybe this 5 day on / 2 day off thing helps train your body to survive on less, so that you require less.

Either way it was pretty cool.

Of course the bad thing is I ate dessert anyway.  I had anticipated Zookini's Key Lime Pie for a week, and then the wait was so long we ended up at Chili's instead.  So good ol deprivation kicked in and I decided I was going to have dessert, no matter what. 

But all in all I didn't have too bad a time with tempation.  Right about now is when I usually eat my shredded wheat, but I'm really kinda full so I'm putting it off.  It's nice to know that this is the way I'll be able to eat when I reach goal.  I finally feel satisfied and not deprived at all.

Not really looking forward to Monday though. 

I normally weigh in today but I just never got around to it, with all the Mother's Day shopping we did today (my mother, my sister and I).  My poor feet are begging for a hot soak.  Anyway I'm going to let all my stats stand as is until Tuesday, the 11th, when I do my monthly update for the Journal.

DAILY AFFIRMATION: I am worthy of good things.

Calories: 2193 / 25% fat
Sodium: 4539mg (eeeek!)
Calcium: 1684mg
Water: 60oz
Exercise: walked my tootsies off, at least an hour's worth.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like you are doing really well!  I'm proud of you.  And I really like your Daily Affirmation.  You are worthy...and so am I.
Tracy

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day, Ginger!  :o)