Monday, May 17, 2004

Stepping Out on Faith

Today's sermon was about the life of Faith.  I'm a big believer in Faith.  I believe that without Faith it's impossible to please God (Hebrews 11:6), and I believe that through Faith all things are possible (Mark 9:23).  I believe great things are possible through Faith - in fact every great miracle of God was demonstrated through the action of Faith.  So you could say I'm a Faith Girl.

I also believe that Faith without works is dead (James 2:20), so that means I have to consciously act on Faith if I expect it to work.  It's one thing to hope, quite another to have Faith.  Pastor said today that hope is a blueprint and Faith is the construction crew.   I believe the difference between hope and Faith is hope leaves a loophole in your confidence so you won't be disappointed if the outcome is different than what you expect.  Listen to how different they sound:  "I hope I lose weight."  "I have faith I will lose weight." 

So we're going to combine all these elements into the weight loss journey and see exactly where I've been missing the boat - because I have been.  I've been easily frustrated - maybe not to the point of quitting but I'm certainly not keeping my eye on the prize with unwavering faith.  I'm letting circumstantial things cause me much frustration and anxiety.  I need not be moved by what I see, because I walk by Faith and not by sight (2 Cor 5:7), and I know already that it's God's will for me to walk in health and be free of bondage.  I just need to keep walking in Faith and speaking words of Faith, and not be swayed by things in the natural.

I spend each day meeting dietary guidelines that cannot help but change my body.  If not always in pounds, definitely in inches and definitely in mental attitude as well.  That is working toward the Faith that I have that I can make it to goal weight.  There's no stopping me now.

No increase on the scale is going to shake that Faith; no frustration at the fact it isn't coming any quicker than it is; and most especially self contempt that comes from feeling I have fallen short, and that's why the results have slowed to a stop.

Nope.  I have Faith.  I'm making these changes right now.  I don't care what the scale says, I know what I feel.  I feel thinner, I look thinner and I have altered my whole mental attitude divorcing myself from emotional eating.

I am switching the focus now from concentrating on results, and I'm going to concentrate on the journey itself.  Hard for me - it goes against everything in my personality.  If I can change the way I look at fueling my body, I can definitely change the way I look at the journey it'sgoing to take as long as it takes to get to goal.

Frustration, anxiety and disappointment are things of the past.  Pastor said today that God does not meet us at the point of our need, He meets us at the point of our Faith.  And I'm not walking in Faith if I constantly worry that somehow my body is going to rebel, and that all my hard work will be futile.  That's doubt, and it's officially the enemy.  I'm going to make it, I'm doing everything I can so the results will come.  So no longer will I rely on a scale to tell me where I am at.  I'm going to believe I'm there, simply by Faith.

Faith is seeing the invisible and doing the impossible.  So that means I see myself at 145lbs, and losing an amazing 205lbs. 

DAILY AFFIRMATION: I believe by Faith I am another step closer Goal. 

Calories: 1961 / 28%
Sodium: 3443mg
Calcium: 1264mg
Water: 72oz
Exercise: None

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed the sermon too!  Thank you for posting such a wonderful, inspiring & hope filled message!  I am ready to tackle the day now!

Anonymous said...

How about:  *I know I will lose weight.*  Take faith to it's logical conclusion.  :)  Keep up the good work.

--Jacqueline

Anonymous said...

Hi Ginger, I just wanted to say thanks for sharing your journey with us.  It means a lot to me that you've let us into this transformation.  I get strength for continuing my own weight loss struggles by watching you.  Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Ginger you are an amazing woman ... I love watching your progress. Keep up the faith and the good work.  YOU WILL see your goal.

Monica