Friday, May 7, 2004

A Good Day... Scratch that... a GREAT DAY

On the 5th I decided to send out query letters to management companies to see about generating interest for My Immortal.  I sent out 7, simply because those were accessible online.  The next day I got a thanks but no thanks rejection.  Yesterday I got a thanks but no thanks rejection.  Today I opened up my email to find yet another response to my query, only THIS time it said, "We want to read it".  This is the first request I've ever received for my scripts, mainly because I haven't really been proactive in selling any before. 

So cross every body part and say every prayer.  I'm going to spend the weekend polishing the script and making it shine, then Monday it goes out in the world to see what happens. 

To be honest with you, I'm not stressful or worrying about anything.  I'm convinced that things will happen the way they're supposed to happen, and if it's meant for this particular management company to represent me and my story, then it will happen. 

It was totally cool to find that email in my mailbox though.  When I saw it in there I took a minute or two to "brace" myself.  I mean, I understand that rejections are part of the business, but they still sting.  So I worked myself up saying, "It's not the end of the world if they say no, I still have other lines in the water, they can kill me but they can't eat me" kind of thing.  Then I opened it and the first line, "Thank you for your query" I'm still working myself up for the big let down.  I had to reread the line that followed, "We would like to read My Immortal" about three times before it sunk in.

And if this weren't enough to make me walk on air, I was having a "thin" day, so I measured.  I've lost 6 inches in a week.  This brings the grand total of inches lost to 38 inches.  Since January I've lost 11" in the dreaded "girth" area.  Before you know it, I'll be able to ride Southwest again.

Actually I can probably ride now, the last time I rode SWA the seatbelt didn't fit by about 4-5 inches.  We'll see in August I guess.

Or maybe sooner, God willing, on a trip to California to finally put this screenwriting career in forward motion. 

Whatever is meant to happen, will happen.  I've done everything in my power to do, now it's not up to me anymore.  So all I really need to do is sit back and enjoy the ride.

DAILY AFFIRMATION: I am a talented writer, worthy of success.

Calories: 1266 / 27% fat
Sodium: 3201mg
Calcium: 1140mg
Water: 72oz
Exercise: walked 2 miles

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This IS all incredibly exciting!  Break a leg as they say in the business ptou ptou (against the evil eye LOL).  

Me:  today I see dreamboat in about 2 hours --making him breakfast at my place then the museum--then making dinner together at his place.  He has planted bowers of flowers on his empty deck using one of mine-- a purple clematis as the starting plant.  MY miraculous because he is so perfect for me; I pray if only it is to continue....He likes thin (oh dear God) my plan better work!!!

Anonymous said...

Ginger, this is all FANTASTIC news!  I've got every body part crossed for you and am saying many prayers!  You continue to be an inspiration for me in so many ways.  I'm in the process of building my music career, after many years away from it due to the fear of failure. So I can really relate to what you're going through.  It's amazing what can be accomplished once one looks fear straight in the face and says: "I will NOT let you stop me!!!"  Five years ago, at age 40, my career was nowhere and I was gravely ill.  Today, at age 45 (wait a second, did I say 45, how could that be?  I must mean 35, lol), I'm alive and kicking, and my career is taking off in ways I never thought possible.
And congrats on all the inches lost! Your journal continues to be an inspiration for me every day.  HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!  Theresa

Anonymous said...

Check out www.mirabooks.com, if you have never. They seem to support a lot of first time female authors, so maybe send them anything you've ever written. (Hey, why not?) ;) I'm sending out that Wayne Dyer interview tape today. You should have it Tuesday, I'm guessing. Crossing all bodyparts that will cross.

Cheryl

Anonymous said...

Dear Gin,
 Our God is an awesome God ... all things in their right timing!  Maybe the time for you has come!  You have my prayers.
Love,
Jeannie

Anonymous said...

Worthy and very talented indeed!  Best of luck in all your endeavors!  Lisa @ Wearin' My Heart